By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I've seen this thrown around by many and I'm starting to fully agree with it, Starfield is like a modern day evolution of Mass Effect 1, it's at least a way better comparison than fucking No Mans Sky, Everspace, Elite Dangerous, etc. Lol. Starfield feels very much like Bethesda's typical sandbox blended with Mass Effect 1, before Mass Effect went all pew-pew Hollywood (I still loved Mass Effect 2/3 but they were very different in tone).

The sense of exploration, humanities beginning steps into the stars, the sense of wonder and mystery, the uneasy but beautiful feeling of navigating the stars, exploring planets. They're close enough on a technological level as well, the only thing Starfield misses is the intelligent alien life co-existing with humanity but it very much matches the same tone/vibes of Mass Effect 1 for me.

I cannot fathom how anyone can give this less than an 8, but hey, everyone has an opinion.

I think some of the complaints are a clash of perspectives too, I think space is one of the most beautiful, scary, mysterious things and I'm fascinated by it. There are others who will be like "what's the point in exploring the stars?! It's just a bunch of dead planets! They do nothing! Space is boring!" and I cannot see things from that perspective at all.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 September 2023

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I've seen this thrown around by many and I'm starting to fully agree with it, Starfield is like a modern day evolution of Mass Effect 1, it's at least a way better comparison than fucking No Mans Sky, Everspace, Elite Dangerous, etc. Lol. Starfield feels very much like Bethesda's typical sandbox blended with Mass Effect 1, before Mass Effect went all pew-pew Hollywood (I still loved Mass Effect 2/3 but they were very different in tone).

The sense of exploration, humanities beginning steps into the stars, the sense of wonder and mystery, the uneasy but beautiful feeling of navigating the stars, exploring planets. They're close enough on a technological level as well, the only thing Starfield misses is the intelligent alien life co-existing with humanity but it very much matches the same tone/vibes of Mass Effect 1 for me.

I cannot fathom how anyone can give this less than an 8, but hey, everyone has an opinion.

I think you should lower your score to 6

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

The Digital Markets Act will require these services, and therefore their respective companies to open up from their entrenched platforms. Messaging apps for example will be required interoperability with competitors, operating system will require third-party app stores and alternate payment options.

Full list:

• Social Networks: TikTok, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn
  • N-IICS (aka messaging services): WhatsApp, Messenger
  • Intermediation: Google Maps, Google Play, Google Shopping, Amazon Marketplace, Apple's App Store, Meta Marketplace
  • Video Sharing: YouTube
  • Advertising services: Google, Amazon, Meta
  • Web Browsers: Chrome, Safari
  • Search: Google Search
  • Operating Systems: Android, iOS, Windows

They have six months to comply.

Google Search, Whatsapp, and TikTok on list of 22 services targeted by EU’s tough new DMA - The Verge

Microsoft hit a little but I doubt they'll care, they got their wish in the EU at least, iOS and Android is being forced open.

Good news for their Mobile app store when ABK closes.

Am I the only one who has little issue with encumbrance too? It hit me a few times at the start when I was hoarding everything but about 10 hours in, I wasn't really hitting it as often, I actually paid attention to what I was picking up, ammo uses no weight, I don't need every single crappy gun and the only really heavy stuff are spacesuits which I sold after every few missions or so with a quick trip to the vendor and resources which I dumped into my ship, Vasco and Sarah. And like, this is a Bethesda title, encumbrance has been a thing in them all. And I don't want to hear anyone complain about immersion but also complain about encumbrance as if hoarding 1,000 items isn't immersion breaking, haha.

Every since I got the 2,000+ cargo ship which can be acquired right at the start, I dumped all my resources into that, which is currently about 1,500/2,400? I barely hit encumbrance now, I have over 1 million credits and I don't pick everything up now, only ammo and things that have a colour rarity because the rest as far as I'm concerned is junk compared to my level now. It was a problem in the first few hours and a bit tedious but you just have to not pick absolutely everything up, learn to use cargo space, companion space, remember to sell after every few missions and eventually as you progress it becomes less and less of an issue fairly quickly.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 06 September 2023

Around the Network
pikashoe said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Just came across this eerie and insane side quest involving a rogue AI!

Spoiler!
Boarded this ship that had a couple Ryujin techs that were sent to disable a rogue AI. They tell me to attach a circuit board to shut it down. Of course, you can have a conversation with the AI and it's asking you to not "change it" after a few minutes the techs force you to make a decision. I chose to shut it down and while it's shutting down, it starts to beg to not be changed. Once shutdown, the techs are all "hey let's go have some drinks" and the next step is to board my ship. Once in my ship, the AI suddenly comes back to life while the techs are still on board. Starts saying that there are unwanted bioorganic lifeforms and board and will be ejected. You hear the techs start to scream then.....static. The ship with the rogue AI then does a grav jump and the quest finishes. 

Eerie and ominous! I hope there's a continuation to this quest! Definitely made me feel uneasy lol. 

I just did the same quest but went the opposite way to you.

Spoiler text it but what happens if you go the other route????

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.