By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

How does Starfield procedural generation stack up against Daggerfall for those that played it? Might play that next after starfield been hearing good things about the Unity fan remake

Around the Network

This sure does bring back some memories, glad to see Morgan Freeman back playing a Bethesda game once again.

Just came across this eerie and insane side quest involving a rogue AI!

Spoiler!
Boarded this ship that had a couple Ryujin techs that were sent to disable a rogue AI. They tell me to attach a circuit board to shut it down. Of course, you can have a conversation with the AI and it's asking you to not "change it" after a few minutes the techs force you to make a decision. I chose to shut it down and while it's shutting down, it starts to beg to not be changed. Once shutdown, the techs are all "hey let's go have some drinks" and the next step is to board my ship. Once in my ship, the AI suddenly comes back to life while the techs are still on board. Starts saying that there are unwanted bioorganic lifeforms and board and will be ejected. You hear the techs start to scream then.....static. The ship with the rogue AI then does a grav jump and the quest finishes. 

Eerie and ominous! I hope there's a continuation to this quest! Definitely made me feel uneasy lol. 

The creator of Sony's God of War and Twisted Metal franchises says Starfield is a top 3 all-time game!

Ryuu96 said:

Saw this week it is called sales with Ultimate and Core in the store.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:

Just came across this eerie and insane side quest involving a rogue AI!

Spoiler!
Boarded this ship that had a couple Ryujin techs that were sent to disable a rogue AI. They tell me to attach a circuit board to shut it down. Of course, you can have a conversation with the AI and it's asking you to not "change it" after a few minutes the techs force you to make a decision. I chose to shut it down and while it's shutting down, it starts to beg to not be changed. Once shutdown, the techs are all "hey let's go have some drinks" and the next step is to board my ship. Once in my ship, the AI suddenly comes back to life while the techs are still on board. Starts saying that there are unwanted bioorganic lifeforms and board and will be ejected. You hear the techs start to scream then.....static. The ship with the rogue AI then does a grav jump and the quest finishes. 

Eerie and ominous! I hope there's a continuation to this quest! Definitely made me feel uneasy lol. 

I just did the same quest but went the opposite way to you.

shikamaru317 said:

The creator of Sony's God of War and Twisted Metal franchises says Starfield is a top 3 all-time game!

I'm surprised. Usually he just acts like a massive idiot and troll.

Hit someone's jet pack, they flew into the ceiling and got half there body lodged in the ceiling with there legs just hanging down. Not sure if this is a big or a feature haha

Starfield has consumed us in early access (70hrs), RIP to the rest of you.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

jason1637 said:

How does Starfield procedural generation stack up against Daggerfall for those that played it? Might play that next after starfield been hearing good things about the Unity fan remake

Daggerfall does it basically for 95% of the game.

Even faction quests are different, Daggerfall is technically in any way a better RPG experience than any other ES game because of it.

Join a faction and you will get to choose a quests instead of everyone doing the same quests (like MW/Ob/SM etc) it makes sense because why would you do
a physical battle quest if you are a mage etc...

Anyway when I played it, I chose to live in the State of Wayrest, because it is similar to my real life city, (inland and a port) the city I chose was Warmore (one of the +15.000 locations) in the game it had a bit of everything and I also could be a stealthy knight for the State and help the people out, but one day I woke up as a vampire and fled away because I did not wanted to hurt any of the people in Warmore,  

So I went to Mournorth well the state opposite of Warmore and one that was in friendly competition with our port considering it was also laying inland and in fact maybe even better for the rest of Tamriel, so I inflicted many with vampirism, spoke with demons (it is a skill in daggerfall to learn the language of imps etc) I basically hurt the economy of Mournorth, get blood from innoccent in Mournorth and go on a investigation how I got inflicted with vampirism in Warmore, later I found out one of the Temple servants was also inflicted with vampirism and must probably being a spy of Mournorth and I killed her. 

I ended up being a servant of the Dark Brotherhood because of my murdering, so long they didn't touch Wayrest I abided every request till I become the master and if it was possible hopefull become Konnichi Septim the emporor of Tamriel.

If you love D&D or can use your fantasy to make Starfield a great game then you probably love Daggerfall.