By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

My two cents about Starfield:

At the moment I am 20-25 hours in..

I am between enjoying it and loving it.

The map issue can be annoying, had a hard time finding New atlantis again lucky I had a mission that guided me their,

Think they can solve it with an option to favorite locations, so while on the map you click on the favorite button and have a list of your locations with an option to fast travel to it.

Perks are irritating and could have been way better, I mean you can unlock 2000 locked doors but you don't get better at it, it makes it less immersive, it always felt great when you were lockpicking in Elder scrolls and got the level up message and you felt it was getting better without putting points in it...

I would have made the basic row for combat/science etc challengs open from the start and if you challenge Rank 1 it automatically goes to challenge Rank 2, complete enough challenges in Combat then the next row goes open etc.

Level up points I would put in the suit , 1 point in rebreathing , your suit will recycle the Co2 faster and you will have more oxygen, your suit will be less detectable, your suit will make you more intimidating, more resilience against cold/Radiation etc....

Also some of the challenges are perfect but some are so ridiculous....  I spent an hour running around with 75% of my inventory full + depleting my Oxygen 20 times...And the next rank is 50 times of depleting Oxygen....

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

I wouldn't take anything less than Final Fantasy at Xbox show.

WoodenPints said:
Spade said:

Mods going to disable cheevos, so no thanks  

There is already a mod that disables the achievement disabling when using mods.

That'll only be available on PC though, through sites like Nexus and Mod DB. Bethesda doesn't allow those achievement mods on their official in-game mod store in Skyrim and Fallout 4, and I'm sure it will be the same with Starfield. So mods will disable achievement earning on Starfield for Xbox. That is why I'm trying to get all achievements done I my first playthrough now, so that I can do playthrough 2 with mods once the official mod store is added to Starfield.

shikamaru317 said:
WoodenPints said:

There is already a mod that disables the achievement disabling when using mods.

That'll only be available on PC though, through sites like Nexus and Mod DB. Bethesda doesn't allow those achievement mods on their official in-game mod store in Skyrim and Fallout 4, and I'm sure it will be the same with Starfield. So mods will disable achievement earning on Starfield for Xbox. That is why I'm trying to get all achievements done I my first playthrough now, so that I can do playthrough 2 with mods once the official mod store is added to Starfield.

damn :(

Around the Network

NextGeneration said:

Never could I have imagined the 3 month Game Pass Ultimate codes on Amazon US would hit #4 on Amazon's Daily Video Game Sales Rankings. The combination of Starfield launching and these GPU codes being on sale ($10.49 for 1 month/$31.49 for 3 months) have really propelled these to skyrocket in the rankings.

#4 - 3 month GPU
#8 - 1 month GPU

I was busy at launch and didn't get around to playing Starfield until Sunday but this was my journey to New Atlantis...

photo mode seems cool so I tested it out right after making my character.

Sat down for a quick rest after filling my pack with 50 cups, 17 spoons, 5 food trays and 8 plants amongst a ton of other junk until I was full and then hit the gym and took weightlifting with my first skillpoint so I could carry even more but I didn't want to dump any of it as I thought it's money when I get to town so after a lot of random exploration and doing anything but the main story I arrived in New Atlantis.

When I arrived I was carrying way to much that I could barely run 5 seconds before o2 was depleted I eventually found the shop and offloaded about 2k credits which sounded great until I ventured into the crew lounge and saw 30,000 hire fess which I managed to persuade to 15,000 and was like damn thats alot which then I remembered I took to Taskmaster trait which doubles the crew cost lol.

The next part of my journey was to actually progress the main story so I pressed RB to sprint because I was playing another game that used it which actually threw a grenade into the crowds which in turn got me attacked by the security and which led to a new helmet and a bounty on my name and as I was walking past some tables I started to pick up a few more coffee cups and some dude shouted over another security guard for me so I clicked to go off quietly thinking I could make a run for it which didn't work out as I was sent to jail for 6 days and lost over a level of xp.

notice the negative xp...

That's my character and the background and traits I decided to go with and the few first few hours of time I spent in the game whilst having plenty of fun and it's not even got started really.

Starfield currently #26/122 most played game in my account at 46hrs … this is an addiction lol.

Last edited by VersusEvil - on 04 September 2023

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition