By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Imaginedvl said:

Other than the EC speculating about Activision/Blizzard titles being on Ultimate only do we have confirmation from Microsoft?
If not, this is not happening imo, I do not see why Microsoft would do that, it makes no sense and they is no sign of that at all with their existing content.

Again, I think people are misreading this. The entire segment is about Cloud Gaming, xCloud is only available via Game Pass Ultimate so they're likely using GPU/xCloud interchangeably as GPU is the only way, and the subscription service, to get xCloud.

"Activision Blizzard's games will likely be included in Game Pass Ultimate only, as opposed to (and to the exclusion of) other providers of cloud game streaming"

I believe their point is that Microsoft would have only released on Game Pass Ultimate (xCloud) and not other Cloud services.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 31 July 2023

Around the Network

@EpicRandy Thoughts on the above? Would you read it the same way?

Looks like someone translated it. 

During the interview, when asked about my long-term goals, I couldn't help but let my enthusiasm shine through. With wide eyes, I said, "I want to be an executive producer one day. I want to be like you guys, walking across the stage at E3 to showcase the amazing work our teams have created. I even have my E3 song already picked out." Now, this is where I screwed up. The next question is obvious, and I felt it in my stomach. I had gotten ahead of myself without thinking about the consequences. Marc and Jesse were staring at me, and the question came, "And what song is that?" Welp, already in the thick of it. Might as well let them know the type of person they are thinking about hiring. I sheepishly replied, "Bad Motherfucker" by Biting Elbows. And oh boy, without hesitation Jesse and Marc burst into laughter, and I was relieved to know I had found my tribe.

Get this woman on the E3 stage!!!

The terminals added another layer of depth to the game, usually giving players more insight into the story and lore for the area they are currently in. The Mission Board also kept us all on our toes, ensuring players had exciting challenges to tackle while exploring the cosmos.

The Mission Board! (I'm so thirsty for Starfield news).

But wait, there are more terrible ideas for ships! One of which is a colossal sandwich soaring through space, aptly named "The Griller." The name itself strikes fear, but when you witness this mammoth sub-like creation gracefully landing in a cutscene or zipping across the cosmos, it's pure comedic gold.

Lol. She made a sandwich ship.

Most of the content we are currently working on is behind the scenes to the player such as optimizations, etc. But let me tell you about my recent playtesting adventures. Lately, I've been diving deep into the quest lines of all the different factions, and I've been pleasantly surprised by the incredible variety in their storylines. It's like unlocking a treasure trove of captivating narratives that many folks might not even realize exist. While some may rush through the main golden path storyline, those intrepid explorers who venture off the beaten path and delve into the faction quests are in for a real treat.

The amount of content packed into these faction storylines is truly astonishing. It's like embarking on a grand adventure within an adventure, where every choice you make and every interaction you have shapes the course of the tale. The character development, the plot twists, the moral dilemmas—I've been completely hooked! These quests offer a chance to delve deeper into the game's rich lore and uncover hidden gems that add layers of depth and excitement to the overall experience.

So, my fellow gamers, I urge you to take a detour from the main storyline and explore the fascinating world of faction quests. Trust me, the rewards are well worth the extra time and effort. Prepare to be enthralled by the intricate storytelling and immersive gameplay that awaits you. It's like unwrapping a surprise gift within the game itself—a gift that will leave you with unforgettable memories and a renewed appreciation for the boundless creativity of the designers and game developers. Happy questing!

Ryuu96 said:
Imaginedvl said:

Other than the EC speculating about Activision/Blizzard titles being on Ultimate only do we have confirmation from Microsoft?
If not, this is not happening imo, I do not see why Microsoft would do that, it makes no sense and they is no sign of that at all with their existing content.

Again, I think people are misreading this. The entire segment is about Cloud Gaming, xCloud is only available via Game Pass Ultimate so they're likely using GPU/xCloud interchangeably as GPU is the only way, and the subscription service, to get xCloud.

"Activision Blizzard's games will likely be included in Game Pass Ultimate only, as opposed to (and to the exclusion of) other providers of cloud game streaming"

I believe their point is that Microsoft would have only released on Game Pass Ultimate (xCloud) and not other Cloud services.

Okay if this is the source; you are right, the text clearly talk about the cloud (which is wrong at the end as Microsoft signed deal with everyone else now :)).

So yah, this was speculation and only for the cloud part. We are good :D

Around the Network
Imaginedvl said:
Ryuu96 said:

Okay if this is the source; you are right, the text clearly talk about the cloud (which is wrong at the end as Microsoft signed deal with everyone else now :)).

So yah, this was speculation and only for the cloud part. We are good :D

I've not read the entire thing like Idas has So I don't know the full context here, it could have been the EC explaining why they made Microsoft make these commitments (because they believed Microsoft would make everything exclusive to GPU/xCloud) or it could be that they expect that to happen after the 10 years is over.

Nevertheless, Idas did read through the entire document and didn't point it out either so it makes me even more convinced it's a misreading.

trunkswd said:
Machiavellian said:

Not yet but that will only happen if MS can consistently knock out bangers.  The problem with any sub is that anyone can sub for one month and drop it.  For a sub to work, the service must consistently churn out enough hits to make it worth it.  There is a balance betweeen what people feel is worth continue support and what is not, especially with most consumers already subscribing to other services.

I personally do not believe that MS will go to much above 15 for ultimate may be 17 at the most because charging the service to much this early would doom it from gaining the amount of subs needed to sustain it.  What MS really would want is everyone sub to Ultimate so putting all of ABK games into the top tier makes sense as they do need to differiate between the 3 levels.  

Personally I think it would have been a much better proposition if MS acquired Sega and did that instead of ABK.  I am trying hard to think of any particular game coming out from ABK that entice someone to get Ultimate who doesn't already subscribe. Its not like ABK current lineup of console games are that much.

Microsoft this month did increase the price of Game Pass. Game Pass for Console went from $10 to $11 per month and Game Pass Ultimate went from $15 to $17 per month. PC Game Pass remained $10 per month. This is the first time the price of Game Pass has gone up.

https://www.vgchartz.com/article/457606/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-game-pass-price-to-increase-in-most-markets/

Lol, I do not see if going up from 17 bucks for a while if not at all.  I am sure inflation will hit at some point that it will rise just as everything else rises with inflation but if we see any price change in the next 10 years after this one, its going to be a very hard sell for MS to reach 150 million subs.  The problem with MS is that they are still very far behind in a consistent number of bangers each year.  You can only build a subscription service with content and it must be at a quality that people feel the value is way worth the cost per month.

Since AAA content drives this market, from Starfield on, MS must and I mean must have consistent AAA bangers hitting for the next 3 years to even come even with Sony and make GP a must have service.

Oh wow, I wasn't expecting Bomb Rush Cyberfunk to be on Xbox so soon but.......that release date

September 1st .. lol oh well RIP.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition