By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
DroidKnight said:

My type of game with no Souls mechanics which elevate it a few notches in my book.  Definitely getting tired of action games imitating Souls mechanics.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

Wtf??? Are MachineGames just going to leave us on a Half-Life 2: Episode 2 level cliffhanger?!? 

Maybe not that drastic lol, but still the story was supposed to continue!

It's so weird. They said in 2018 that Wolfenstein 3 was planned, and that the plot of the game would focus around the Nazi's Sonnengewehr (Sun Gun) they kept building up and teasing throughout the trilogy. Then they release Wolfenstein Youngblood with BJ's daughters, it is poorly received, and they just cancel Wolfenstein 3 after that? We get it, people hated Youngblood and found BJ's daughters obnoxious, but that is no reason to cancel 3, it just means you need to give us playable BJ again, and have his daughters be non-playable NPC's, and give them some character development during the game, show them growing up and leaving their immaturity behind over the course of the game, if you pull it off you can not only give BJ one last final sendoff game, but also make his daughters likeable enough that people might one day want to play as them again, in some future side game or an expansion for Wolfenstein 3. Just because it is hard, doesn't mean you give up and cancel it. It's not like sales were poor either, so that is also no excuse, while Youngblood didn't sell that great, Wolfenstein 2 sold more than enough to justify 3's existence. 

Not just BJ's daughters being particularly unlikeable, but the needless RPG elements added to the game and mtx. It just went the complete opposite way of what the past few Wolfenstein games were all about. That change was well really brought down my enjoyment of the game. 

The late 2010's Bethesda was all over the place trying to change with the industry rather than focusing on what they're best at. BGS - FO76, Arkane Austin - Redfall, Arkane Lyon - Deathloop (good but a far cry from the game design that made Dishonored great) MachineGames/Arkane - Wolfenstein: Youngblood

All were games that Bethesda higher ups chose for their developers to make, and they just backfired. 

Honestly, if Wolfenstein 3 isn't in development, my guess would be that Machine Games simply doesn't wanna make it right now. It's easy enough to say it was planned years ago, when Bethesda was operating under the status quo, like...sure, of course you're gonna keep making games in a decently popular franchise. It's safe. But Bethesda under MS can afford to let it's devs have a bit more creative leash. MS isn't gonna force them into pumping out sequels to anything just because. Machine Games might simply have other ideas for projects that they're currently more passionate about than making Wolfenstein 3.

Angelus said:

Honestly, if Wolfenstein 3 isn't in development, my guess would be that Machine Games simply doesn't wanna make it right now. It's easy enough to say it was planned years ago, when Bethesda was operating under the status quo, like...sure, of course you're gonna keep making games in a decently popular franchise. It's safe. But Bethesda under MS can afford to let it's devs have a bit more creative leash. MS isn't gonna force them into pumping out sequels to anything just because. Machine Games might simply have other ideas for projects that they're currently more passionate about than making Wolfenstein 3.

That's true, and I can definitely see getting bored of working on Wolfenstein after 10 straight years of nothing but Wolfenstein (2009-2019), but it is also a disappointing decision for the fans of the series. You should never just leave your fanbase hanging after releasing 2 games in a planned trilogy, even if you are bored and want to work on something else. And if you do really need that break of working on something else, it should be a one game only break, you definitely shouldn't do 2 different games in a row (Indiana Jones and whatever this new game is) before going back to finish out the trilogy you left fans hanging on.

Square did the same thing with the Adam Jensen Deus Ex trilogy, failing to put the 3rd game into development after the 2nd game didn't meet their usual outrageously high sales expectations, and then having them do 3 in a row that were different (Shadow of the Tomb Raider and The Avengers co-development with Crystal Dynamics, and Guardians of the Galaxy by themselves). Thankfully, the final game in that trilogy is now back in development again thanks to Square selling Eidos to Embracer Group. Let's just hope it's development survives Embracer Group's upcoming purge of studios and projects they don't think will make money, in the wake of their $2b dollar deal falling through. We so far only have confirmation that Crystal Dynamics won't be effected by Embracer's purge. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 June 2023

Ryuu96 said:

To be honest though, PC Gamer's weird hate crusade aside, I'm doubting myself backing Spade now, Lmao.

I think after that Direct, Starfield could edge out FF16...Still expecting high 80s - low 90s for FF16 though.

From what I've been hearing from FF16 demo impressions, this game is gonna be definitely gonna be one of the best FF games in a long time. Huge loss that Xbox isn't getting it.

Ryuu96 said:

Japan Sales

Xbox Series X – 8,843
Xbox Series S – 273

Diablo IV Bundle

What's with this Series S sales?

Ryuu96 said:
  1. [NSW] Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom – 46,644 / 1,640,919
  2. [PS5] Diablo IV – 24,375 / NEW
  3. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 9,233 / 5,328,989
  4. [PS4] Diablo IV – 8,940 / NEW
  5. [XSX] Diablo IV – 8,524 / NEW
  6. [PS5] Street Fighter 6 – 7,672 / 28,864
  7. [NSW] Minecraft – 6,707 / 3,159,687
  8. [PS4] Street Fighter 6 – 6,568 / 18,646
  9. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports – 6,358 / 1,095,617
  10. [NSW] Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 5,554 / 2,208,705

Also the first time Xbox has charted in Japan's top 10 for years, Lol.

I was talking about Xbox not having physical presence in Japan and here Activision Blizzard out of all publishers manages to crack into top 10 with Xbox release in years. And just 4:1 split between Xbox and PS is surprisingly good.

crissindahouse said:

"less enjoyable" is a personal opinion, though. It's 30fps because of things you can do in the game and not because of bad optimization. They could also release a 60fps Starfield but give you less of the game they have in mind. 

Sure, 60fps would be much better but that doesn't help when the game itself would be worse then.

I think the worst part about 30 fps in Starfield hasn't happened yet. And what it's gonna be is that the game will run fine at 60 on comparable PC CPUs. If 3000 series Ryzen 5 will be able to run the game at 60 (especially the laptop one), then Xbox Series X should too as well. My main problem with that is not actually the fact that game runs at 30, but that Bethesda comes out with weird statement like "It was creative choice" or something. If it's creative choice, why not limit it to 30 on PC as well. Just come out and say honestly that you didn't want to bother with optimising it to make it run at 60 on consoles.

Around the Network
derpysquirtle64 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Japan Sales

Xbox Series X – 8,843
Xbox Series S – 273

Diablo IV Bundle

The Diablo IV bundle is Xbox Series X only, vast majority are buying the Xbox for Diablo IV.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 June 2023

derpysquirtle64 said:

From what I've been hearing from FF16 demo impressions, this game is gonna be definitely gonna be one of the best FF games in a long time. Huge loss that Xbox isn't getting it.

From what it sounds like, the only way Xbox was going to get FF16, or even the FF7 remake trilogy, was by making it a console exclusive. SE had no intention of making these games multiplatform. It was exclusive or nothing. And MS would've had to have paid 10x more than what Sony paid. 

So it's whatevs.

OPs are now updated as of the showcase.

derpysquirtle64 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Japan Sales

Xbox Series X – 8,843
Xbox Series S – 273

Diablo IV Bundle

Unfortunately, earlier this year Xbox made the rather poor decision to raise the price of Series S in Japan from 32,278 yen to 37,978 yen, claiming the increase in price was due to fluctuations in the exchange rate between the USD and Yen. Series S sales saw a massive drop in Japan after that, we fell from 1-2k Series S weeks being a fairly common sight in Japan, down to Series S commonly selling only 100-300 units per week here recently.

It's one reason why I was really hoping that Xbox would announce their first Series S price cut at the showcase, from $300 down to $250, which subsequently would have lowered Series S back down to it's original price of 32k yen in Japan, and salvaging it's sales somewhat. Unfortunately, Xbox decided to keep Series S at $300. Hopefully they drop it's pricing for the Holiday season later this year at least, and keep that $250 price permanent moving into 2024.

It's also worth noting that Famitsu doesn't appear to receive any sales data from Amazon Japan, and Series S tends to sell pretty well on Amazon Japan compared to Japanese electronics stores that Famitsu does receive data from. For instance Series S is currently at #12 on Amazon Japan, and it sold so well there recently that it is now sold out, alongside both Series X SKU's being sold out there.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 15 June 2023

Ryuu96 said:

OPs are now updated as of the showcase.

That's insane how little we know of what Bethesda is working on now lol. Doesn't matter though. Starfield will hold us over