By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
konnichiwa said:

Weird name but makes sense, after Top gun Maverick literally a movie with the theme of flying we have a studio called people can fly making a game. Would be on theme if they make an Crimson skies sequel, hope it is no Gears after Judgement =p

I would lose my mind because this legit makes sense!

Around the Network

Earth isn't blue, it could be the reflection of the sun though.

I'm predicting it was smashed by an asteroid though.

This planet looks cool.

You can name your ships too it seems.

"Dumpster Fire" Lol.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 June 2023

Spade said:

People Can Fly could be a cool get for MS too. Really enjoyed Outriders, sucks that Dent Enix fked them over.

Squanch, People Can Fly, Asobo, Cococucumber all good smaller gets once this ABK thing is done.

Apparently they didn't actually, I'm hearing that on People Can Fly's latest financials they announced a new Square Enix funded project, alongside the secret project which we now know to be with Xbox Studios Global Publishing. Don't think that they would have worked with Square again if Square never paid them for Outriders, Outriders must have finally broke even after their August 2021 comment about not being paid by Square due to the game not breaking even, and Square finally started paying them. 

About Fable:

After Fable 3 people were getting tired of the franchise and it clearly has to become bigger or do something totally different.

I did not like the trailer for Fable but thats mostly because I am not sure how the game will be yet, is it a side quest, can I create my character? Have a job and save money to buy houses?(I really loved that).

But!!!  The trailer kind of nailed it tho,  Typical British humour emphasizing the U for U the player, Typical British ugly people and honestly it would not be the first time that you were seeing side characters as giants in Fable:

In fact I believe it was one of the best quests in the franchise...

gtotheunit91 said:
konnichiwa said:

Weird name but makes sense, after Top gun Maverick literally a movie with the theme of flying we have a studio called people can fly making a game. Would be on theme if they make an Crimson skies sequel, hope it is no Gears after Judgement =p

I would lose my mind because this legit makes sense!

Well the name 'people can fly' because they wanted to make fly games it was just an title that sounded good, I don't think they have any experience in making a 'flying' game. I also would like a Crimson Skies game.

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:

About Fable:

After Fable 3 people were getting tired of the franchise and it clearly has to become bigger or do something totally different.

I did not like the trailer for Fable but thats mostly because I am not sure how the game will be yet, is it a side quest, can I create my character? Have a job and save money to buy houses?(I really loved that).

But!!!  The trailer kind of nailed it tho,  Typical British humour emphasizing the U for U the player, Typical British ugly people and honestly it would not be the first time that you were seeing side characters as giants in Fable:

In fact I believe it was one of the best quests in the franchise...

It'd be a good if they added a few more base starting models. But the concept that your character's appearance changes and warps based on your actions, decisions and experiences is one of the best features, so I hope they lean more into that. The girl from the trailer would've been much less controversial if they'd shown her starting off plain and normal looking, before gradually evolving into every man's nightmare.

They did get the humour, references and general vibe right so far.

Shaunodon said:

Did I ever say they need to make the same game? Did I mention an exact copy? I intentionally used language like 'respect the spirit' and 'no one's asking for a 1:1 remake' to make it clear I didn't mean that, so I wouldn't be here having to explain it again.

What alarms me is you say things like "...while they may include some aspect of the original series, it could be a totally different take." May include some aspect? As if it's somehow understandable for them to just abandon every part of the previous series and make something however they see fit?

We're not asking for anything dramatic here. How about just start with not making the sole playable character someone who was beaten with an ugly stick 10 times a day their entire life. Fable characters have always been dispraportionate and somewhat goofy looking, but they've never exaggerated the base starting playable MC to that extent. They've also always featured male MCs for each game even after adding a female MC. It'd be ridiculous to take aways such an obvious and simple choice, but making an exaggeratedly ugly female the only MC is just blatantly antagonising a ton of fans. You want to put your modern female model on the cover? Fine. I'll likely groan at the usual uninspired and unsubtle slacktivism, some more extremes will likely rant about it for a bit, but it's hardly the end of the world.

At it's root Fable is meant to be a player driven experience of choice and consequences. The emphasis on 'choice'. If they begin by taking away the most basic and obvious choices, where the hell is this game even going?

If they want to reboot gameplay in the vein of God of War that's hardly a problem. Just based on gameplay so far, it already looks as though they've made the levels and combat more linear and streamlined, aiming for a more cinematic experience with high fidelity similar to God of War. Whether or not that's a good decision ultimately depends on if the game actually looks and feels satisfying to play.

"I will tell you one thing.  Nothing holds back a game then fans." What rubbish. The main reason this game has become so relevant despite hardly showing anything is because the fans attatched to this IP. If they were going to make a game without their consideration, they should have started with an original IP that no one gives a shit about, that way if it turns out to be something no one wants we can just continue not giving a shit.

Well, its my opinion. Most games cannot do anything really different from what they did before without all the fan backlash.  I remember how much hate was going on about GOD of War changing from the 3rd person perspective from the original games to now.  That is what mostly what fans bring.  You change something and they lose their minds.  You move on from something they believe is important and the lose their minds.  They complain about everything which makes going to any forum a toxic wasteland.  Usually from there the game just stagnate, It cannot do anything new and cannot change anything.

Hell, I believe fans just want MS to make a damn good 3rd person adventure fantasy game period.  At least that is what I want. Either way, I care little about the name Fable and more about the game actually being good.  By the 3rd Fable, I was pretty much done with the series though I will say my older son played the 3rd game a lot but even he was not all that supportive of it.  As I stated, the game probably will have some aspect of the Fable series but if Playground really want to make it their own, they need to be free to flip the table on it and do it their way.  What would be good is if Playground could put into this Fable all the cool ideals Peter thought up for the first game but never accomplish.  Maybe we can plant that acorn and come back years later an its a huge tree.  It would be good if this Fable could be the interactive masterpiece Peter envisioned but did not have the tech to make it happen.

Machiavellian said:
Shaunodon said:

Did I ever say they need to make the same game? Did I mention an exact copy? I intentionally used language like 'respect the spirit' and 'no one's asking for a 1:1 remake' to make it clear I didn't mean that, so I wouldn't be here having to explain it again.

What alarms me is you say things like "...while they may include some aspect of the original series, it could be a totally different take." May include some aspect? As if it's somehow understandable for them to just abandon every part of the previous series and make something however they see fit?

We're not asking for anything dramatic here. How about just start with not making the sole playable character someone who was beaten with an ugly stick 10 times a day their entire life. Fable characters have always been dispraportionate and somewhat goofy looking, but they've never exaggerated the base starting playable MC to that extent. They've also always featured male MCs for each game even after adding a female MC. It'd be ridiculous to take aways such an obvious and simple choice, but making an exaggeratedly ugly female the only MC is just blatantly antagonising a ton of fans. You want to put your modern female model on the cover? Fine. I'll likely groan at the usual uninspired and unsubtle slacktivism, some more extremes will likely rant about it for a bit, but it's hardly the end of the world.

At it's root Fable is meant to be a player driven experience of choice and consequences. The emphasis on 'choice'. If they begin by taking away the most basic and obvious choices, where the hell is this game even going?

If they want to reboot gameplay in the vein of God of War that's hardly a problem. Just based on gameplay so far, it already looks as though they've made the levels and combat more linear and streamlined, aiming for a more cinematic experience with high fidelity similar to God of War. Whether or not that's a good decision ultimately depends on if the game actually looks and feels satisfying to play.

"I will tell you one thing.  Nothing holds back a game then fans." What rubbish. The main reason this game has become so relevant despite hardly showing anything is because the fans attatched to this IP. If they were going to make a game without their consideration, they should have started with an original IP that no one gives a shit about, that way if it turns out to be something no one wants we can just continue not giving a shit.

Well, its my opinion. Most games cannot do anything really different from what they did before without all the fan backlash.  I remember how much hate was going on about GOD of War changing from the 3rd person perspective from the original games to now.  That is what mostly what fans bring.  You change something and they lose their minds.  You move on from something they believe is important and the lose their minds.  They complain about everything which makes going to any forum a toxic wasteland.  Usually from there the game just stagnate, It cannot do anything new and cannot change anything.

Hell, I believe fans just want MS to make a damn good 3rd person adventure fantasy game period.  At least that is what I want. Either way, I care little about the name Fable and more about the game actually being good.  By the 3rd Fable, I was pretty much done with the series though I will say my older son played the 3rd game a lot but even he was not all that supportive of it.  As I stated, the game probably will have some aspect of the Fable series but if Playground really want to make it their own, they need to be free to flip the table on it and do it their way.  What would be good is if Playground could put into this Fable all the cool ideals Peter thought up for the first game but never accomplish.  Maybe we can plant that acorn and come back years later an its a huge tree.  It would be good if this Fable could be the interactive masterpiece Peter envisioned but did not have the tech to make it happen.

That's pretty much what most people would hope for. The goal of rebooting a franchise should be to start steering it back in the right direction fans originally dreamed of. I doubt anyone's asking them to rehash the same mistakes of later entries.

lol, maybe People Will Fly are gonna make that Gears collection that certain people keep trying to talk into existence

Lol, I read in the ResetEra thread that Jez now claims the Gears Collection doesn't exist so PCF being assigned to it only now would be a reasonable prediction.

Jez claims that TC is all in on Gears 6 now and he started hyping it up as TC going all out on it.

Blah blah but I do want to see TC soon, we need the masters of Unreal Engine back.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 June 2023