By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 1 16.67%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 5 83.33%

Total:6

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
EspadaGrim said:

Hope that Phil takes some studios out of the CoD mines to make some exclusive games, keep Infinity Ward, Treyarch and Raven on CoD and let the rest work on whatever they want.

Happy to be one step closer to this deal ending.

Also give me Master Chief, Doom Slayer and BJ as Warzone packs.

Yes hopes under MS CoD would finally leave the annual release to add a year off every other year. Activision tried that but kept canceling their plan few months later. Doing so would reduce support need and they'll have the choice either doubling the dev time to 6 years VS 3 or freeing a dev teams and using the other 2 in a 4 years cycle. The freed up dev could then be used as Support freeing pretty much all the others studios in the meantime. A longer time between titles should also give better opportunity on e-sport.

Also works is already underway to standardize engines across all team, this started with last year Modern Warfare II and should also lead to less support necessary in the years to come.

Sadly though there's a tons of work to do before any fruit come out of this, will probably be in the tenth gen by then.

Please get your votes in here for Most Wanted April edition

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread/247216/most-wanted-april/1/

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

They realized they fucked up bad on that "CoD effect on the ecosystem" math I guess.

Yup. I think CMA dropped the Console SLC because of the Maths error and once it was corrected they had absolutely no way of claiming an SLC.

I think they were maybe worried about their near perfect record and a mistake as big as this had a strong chance of CAT actually siding against them for once, which would have been a large stain on their history, a pretty large fumble and very well spotted by Microsoft. As soon as Microsoft pointed it out we were all like "Yup, this is heading to CAT"

Basically they couldn't keep the error in because CAT would smack it down but once they fixed the error, it destroys their already weak SLC claim.

Could have been maybe the first? example of CAT siding against CMA with an error that large. Now we're left with just Cloud SLC and really that would be a very stupid block so I think they take what they can get and take the concessions, maybe push Microsoft a little further but ultimately approve. There may be a chance that CMA/EC work together on this.

Yes the math error seems to be the obvious culprit but the CMA could have fixed the issue but kept the same conclusion, which would not be unheard of in politics. I still thinks the overwhelming support from UK dev scenes helped to get them to change their stance.

The cloud issue is potentially already resolved by MS recent deals in this regards but the CMA will only label them as such with their conclusion in the case of an approval.  

Marvel's Midnight Suns is pretty good indeed.
Make sure to check it out for free this weekend.

Around the Network

Really interesting thread just posted, thanks

I hesitate, is it too soon or not .....

The hell, I'm posting it anyway

EpicRandy said:

I hesitate, is it too soon or not .....

The hell, I'm posting it anyway

ABK under Gaming will make it very close to taking over Windows in revenue.

Crazy to think about.

Whenever regulator news comes out it always looks like Phil is just casually ignoring it