By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 15 40.54%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 22 59.46%

Total:37
Ryuu96 said:

Idk why I'm not seeing any bold, don't know how to fix it.

Delete the post that started it:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9428562

The cause is in one of those twitter embeddings.

Around the Network

Bold isn't working?

Sorry Xbox friends, deal is not going through:

(i'm joking in case it isn't clear)

Barozi said:
Ryuu96 said:

Idk why I'm not seeing any bold, don't know how to fix it.

Delete the post that started it:

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9428562

The cause is in one of those twitter embeddings.

I see, looks like it is.

Don't understand why they're causing it still and not other tweets.

the-pi-guy said:

Bold isn't working?

damn, I was about to pop some bottles 

the-pi-guy said:

Bold isn't working?

Pachter is showing a lack of knowledge on how CMA works, I think he thinks they're like FTC.

It doesn't matter if they have a losing/weak legal argument when you can't take them to court.

Take them to CAT, sure, but CAT just throws it back to CMA to decide again, Lol.

Around the Network

Some hot takes:

- No doubt that the deal is in a hard position right now, among others things because I don’t think that the merger agreement is in favor of these kind of divestments.

- In any case, if they still want to play the behavioural remedy card they have a very small window of opportunity, but it’s not going to be easy.

- They really need a win (the EC) and as soon of possible. The EC agreeing to access remedies could be a good argument to present to the CMA in favor of accepting behavioural remedies. But maybe not even that is going to be enough.

- I just skimmed the PF, but the arguments are quite similar to the ones from Phase 1.

- The CMA still believes in the high performance console market definition and Nintendo is still not part of the video game console market. I mean, they even say that: “Nintendo does not currently offer CoD, and we have seen no evidence to suggest that its consoles would be technically capable of doing so with a similar quality of gameplay as Xbox or PlayStation in the near future.

- MS got a nice win with the subscription services definition, now Game Pass is just a different way to pay for games, no its own market.

- I always thought that the Windows - Azure combo was the weak spot of this deal and it definitely was a problem for MS here.

- Very interested to know how the SO from the EC and the PF from the CMA compare. Now that negotiations will formally begin, I guess that more info will start to leak about the SO.

More later if I have time.

Anyway, we are still 2-3 months away from the end :D

Source: Idas

CMA is still going with the dumb "Nintendo isn't part of the same market as Xbox/PlayStation" angle, Lol.

Using a made up market definition to back your complaints, which also poses questions if Switch is now considered a monopoly on its very specific market and on top of that, by saying that Switch isn't part of the console market, you're just making PlayStation look even more dominant than they already are, Lol. Instead of the market being Nintendo/PlayStation/Xbox, it's now PlayStation/Xbox and PlayStation is crushing Xbox.

You aren't protecting competition, you're protecting the bottom line of the competitor, Lol.

Looks like Game Pass argument was dumped at least.

I just find it crazy that we're having these extreme reactions to one IP, as if the entire industry is reliant upon this one IP and if anyone loses it they'd collapse and their competitors would soar ahead of them, acting like Sony's entire business is reliant on one IP, Lol.

Full report is now out.

Honestly you should all be thanking the UK, they’ve done what they’ve said they would do. Make sure COD is released every year for £70 (protecting you from price rises, MS would have raised it to £75 probably), protected innovation (MS would have stopped all 11 COD studios making COD ever year) and protected you from making bad choices on where to play (cloud gaming is a scam by MS) so honestly you should be thanking the CMA.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

#SaveXbox

"We note, however, that the CEO of one rival publisher stated that, if CoD were no longer available on certain platforms, it would provide a tremendous opportunity for their rival shooter franchise."

The game has to actually be good as well, EA. 👀

• 6% of those sampled said they would buy an Xbox next.
  • 71% said they'd buy a PlayStation next.
  • 73% said CoD influenced them buying a PlayStation.
  • 69% said exclusives influenced them buying a PlayStation.
  • 89% said they would continue to buy games mainly on PlayStation even if CoD didn't exist on it.
  • 24% said they would divert away from PlayStation if CoD were no longer available on that platform

Make it make sense! Their own stats don't even back them up that Sony losing CoD would significantly lessen competition!

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 08 February 2023

Weird to include Xbox 360 unless PS3 is included as well.

But then why not include Wii U/Wii as well.

@trunkswd I'm going to need you to double check "CMA's Calculations"