By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 39.39%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 20 60.61%

Total:33

They could have the trailer at the ID direct oh well coming 31th of May.

Around the Network

Is the situation as catastrophic as all that?

Reading people, I get the impression that Xbox only has the users of this forum.

(I made the mistake of hanging out on Twitter again...)

Hey Xbox Empire, now that I have an Xbox One (X specifically) and can actually play more than a handful of the Game Pass Core Game Library, what are some you recommend? Forza Horizon 4 seems like a must-play.
I've already played on PC or other platforms:
Stardew Valley
Unpacking
Vampire Survivors
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
Golf with Your Friends
Human Fall Flat

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

It's just Derek's opinion and Derek tends to have pretty bad opinions I noticed during the FTC trial which made me unfollow him, Lol. He's also talking about Square Enix which I mean...Lol...If anything they're an example why exclusivity is a bad thing, they aren't growing their IPs, Sega and Capcom are an example of why multiplatform is a good thing, their IPs have increased by quite a bit.

He is good at compiling data, reporting on information but when he inputs his own opinion I find myself a bit "eh" about many of his thoughts. I'm not the only one either, most recently he tweeted baselessly that Xbox may have missed their internal projections for Warzone Mobile based on an estimate firm estimating that Warzone Mobile pulled in less revenue that COD Mobile.

Now a few issues with that, first is that it was an estimate firm, second is that he doesn't have a clue what Xbox's internal estimations were, third is that COD Mobile being bigger than COD Warzone isn't a surprise at all, COD Mobile was COD arriving on Mobile for the first time, COD Warzone is the follow-up, Warzone Mobile is straight up competing with COD Mobile and Warzone Mobile + Warzone Console share the same purchases so less avenues for repeated MTX revenue, anything you buy on Warzone Mobile is available on Warzone Console and vice versa.

Then he was like "Mobile gaming was cited as the biggest reason that Microsoft chose to buy Activision--at the time, mobile represented the largest-earning platform for ABK. That may no longer be the case." and I mean, c'mon bro, it still is, Lmao. They still made $1.4m in 4 days, they still have COD Mobile, they now have Warzone Mobile, they have King, they have Diablo Mobile.

Anyway, Xbox is still a platform with a near 30m install-base and whoever plays on Xbox One.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 May 2024

Around the Network

I hope Dragon's Dogma 2 is a big success but I also hope a new director takes over for the next entry to shake things up.

Ryuu96 said:

I would like to explore other locations in Fallout but I understand the argument that Fallout can't leave America because Fallout's tone and politics are heavily influenced by America, it is an American capitalism and parodies much of America's politics, to move it to say Europe would completely change its tone and politics into something that may not resemble traditional Fallout but that doesn't change that I'm still very curious what happened to other countries, how they're doing, how much they've progressed, etc.

What they could do at least is set a game in Canada as Canada was annexed by America so it may share a lot of tonal similarities, they could also probably do Mexico, the NCR settled in a small section of Mexico albeit the tail end, instead they could do Texas blended into Mexico as a map, they could have the factions of Caesar's Legion, Brotherhood of Steel, Mexican Cartels, etc. Your character could be a Desert Ranger.

I think we will at least get Mexico and Canada in a DLC, considering the vault map from the show confirmed there is a single vault in Manitoba Canada and a single vault in Baja California Mexico. That was an odd thing to tease in the show if they have no plans to explore why Vault-tec had 2 extra-US vaults. 

NightF0x73 said:

Is the situation as catastrophic as all that?

Reading people, I get the impression that Xbox only has the users of this forum.

(I made the mistake of hanging out on Twitter again...)

Xbox Series is fast approaching 30m sales, and will probably be at least 45m by the end of the gen, I personally think that is too big of an install base to avoid unless your game is super niche. Sony would have to pay an awful lot for those exclusivity deals to offset the number of Xbox sales, not to mention PC sales are hurt quite alot by a game not being on PC day one, as we saw with FF7R's late port to Steam. There is no doubt in my mind that FF7R would have sold quite alot better if it had been on PS4, XB1, and PC day one, with late ports to both PS5 and Xbox Series, I really can't imagine that what Sony paid them was worth what they lost, there is a reason why the new President of Square seems to be all for day one multiplatform and against exclusivity deals, he clearly wouldn't be against them if the deals they already signed with Nintendo and Sony had worked out well for them overall.

The Xbots getting a purely single player game to #1 on Xbox and a Japanese game at that. Y’all make me proud, except you Shika, you a PC person now.

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

Wman1996 said:

Hey Xbox Empire, now that I have an Xbox One (X specifically) and can actually play more than a handful of the Game Pass Core Game Library, what are some you recommend? Forza Horizon 4 seems like a must-play.
I've already played on PC or other platforms:
Stardew Valley
Unpacking
Vampire Survivors
TMNT: Shredder's Revenge
Golf with Your Friends
Human Fall Flat

Only Game Pass Core? Then...

• Celeste, Grounded, Hellblade, Inside, Limbo - Great titles, no previous entries to consider.
  • Doom Eternal, Gears 5, Ori and the Will of the Wisps - Great titles but need to play the previous entries.
  • Forza Horizon 4 and Psychonauts 2 - Great titles, they have previous entries but Horizon's previous entries aren't important to playing Forza Horizon 4 and I knew nothing about Psychonauts 1 but didn't feel like I missed anything by not playing it.
  • Halo 5/Halo Wars 2 - Only really if you've played the previous Halo's and not these.
  • Fallout 4 - I'm enjoying it quite a bit and you don't have to have played New Vegas/3.
  • Fable Anniversary - Love Fable but I never played the remaster so I don't know if Fable 1 feels dated now, I also heard it was buggy.
  • Elder Scrolls Online - Essential if you care about Elder Scrolls lore, if you're a lore nerd then you'll love it but you'll spend 1000 hours in it and it can feel a bit overwhelming with all the content at first.

Heard great things about State of Decay 2's post launch support and SoD1 isn't essential for playing.