By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 38.24%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 21 61.76%

Total:34

I forgot about this one lol. This would be a hilarious announcement! 

Around the Network

I got a Robot White Xbox One X today. It's my second Xbox, as I got an Xbox 360 E late last year.
I would've preferred to pay less for it than I did, but at least I was able to use $75 worth of trade-ins toward it.
Series S was a no-go for me because there is no way to play physical games and physical media on it. Even if you get a console with a broken or faulty disc drive, at least you can fix it or replace it. Series S locks you out. Series X is too expensive right now for me. And call me nuts, but I actually want to buy a Kinect 2.0 (and I would need the adapter) to play some required and supported titles. Xbox Series obviously drops Kinect support.
And as I think I've mentioned, I have a PS5. I can use that for games that aren't on Xbox One but multiplat with Series X/S.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 156 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million, then 151 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 48 million (was 60 million, then 67 million, then 57 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

With that, FNV is finished and added to the collection. 

Bugs, bugs never change. 

Ride The Chariot || Games Complete ‘24 Edition

#SaveXbox

I think it is the right call personally. Modding teams like the Fallout London one can adequately explore outside of the US (Fallout London looks fantastic btw), leave the main series in the US. Based on the map of Vault locations from the tv series there are still plenty of strong US settings they can do, including Texas (which has alot of Vaults), Colorado (which they could use to introduce snow to the wasteland for the first time), Florida (imagine mutated swamp alligators and exploring a knock-off of Disney World). 

coolbeans said:
Ryuu96 said:

Aka they cancelled a bunch of stuff.

I wonder if this would potentially extend to canceling a Forspoken Xbox port.

That was never going to happen anyway because the game bombed and the studio got shut down, the only way that happens is if MS gives SE a Gamepass deal.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

I think it is the right call personally. Modding teams like the Fallout London one can adequately explore outside of the US (Fallout London looks fantastic btw), leave the main series in the US. Based on the map of Vault locations from the tv series there are still plenty of strong US settings they can do, including Texas (which has alot of Vaults), Colorado (which they could use to introduce snow to the wasteland for the first time), Florida (imagine mutated swamp alligators and exploring a knock-off of Disney World). 

Nah they need to keep options open imo, even if the London mod is good I would love to see a proper Fallout in other Major Cities around the world.

You know, as stacked as Xbox's 2nd half of 2024 is looking to be, just think about how stacked Xbox's 2025 might be. Based on leaks, how long ago some of these were announced, and how long some of these have been in development for, all of the following games have at least a decent chance of releasing in 2025:

-Fable
-Outer Worlds 2
-Clockwork Revolution
-State of Decay 3
-Project Mara
-Perfect Dark
-Contraband
-South of Midnight
-TES 4 Remaster (leaker last year said it would release in either 2024 or 2025)
-Forza Horizon 6 (if it doesn't make 2024 like it should)
-CoD Black Ops game set between Black Ops 2 and 3
-Project Kestrel
-Gears 6

Some of those will likely get pushed to 2026, but it is still looking to be a stacked year.

Making lists is nice but I’m still waiting for the mythical “Xbox year” we’ve been hearing about for the last decade. You simply can’t have as many studios as they do and releasing 1 fucking game in the first 5 months. Phil’s hands off approach and leadership has catastrophically failed, he needs to be replaced. #FreeXbox.

#SaveXbox

I would like to explore other locations in Fallout but I understand the argument that Fallout can't leave America because Fallout's tone and politics are heavily influenced by America, it is an American capitalism and parodies much of America's politics, to move it to say Europe would completely change its tone and politics into something that may not resemble traditional Fallout but that doesn't change that I'm still very curious what happened to other countries, how they're doing, how much they've progressed, etc.

What they could do at least is set a game in Canada as Canada was annexed by America so it may share a lot of tonal similarities, they could also probably do Mexico, the NCR settled in a small section of Mexico albeit the tail end, instead they could do Texas blended into Mexico as a map, they could have the factions of Caesar's Legion, Brotherhood of Steel, Mexican Cartels, etc. Your character could be a Desert Ranger.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 01 May 2024

Fallout in England. Place already looks like a shithole so you could set it before the war and nobody would notice.

#SaveXbox