By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

As a Consumer Would You Rather?

Traditional Console + Everything Exclusive 13 38.24%

Xbox/PC Hybrid + Access t... 21 61.76%

Total:34

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Around the Network
Ryuu96 said:

Aka they cancelled a bunch of stuff.

I wonder if this would potentially extend to canceling a Forspoken Xbox port.

It's official! Guesses on the redacted Direct???

Could be CoD

It's 100% CoD, that's the US Capitol Building, Lol.

Also orange is Black Ops colour.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 30 April 2024

Oh yeah, definitely CoD. Orange and Black coloring is Black Ops. Black redacted lines is part of Black Ops, and the Capitol building is the background of the 3 wolf heads.

Around the Network

So if we get COD Direct then what happens to COD Next? Lol.

At least the COD segment in the main showcase shouldn't be too long now.

Tom Warren leaking a bunch of release dates.

• Starfield: Shattered Space - Targeting September
  • Call of Duty - Late October
  • Avowed and Flight Simulator - Likely in November
  • Indiana Jones - December

That's an insane Q4, Lol. Hopefully Towerborne and Age of Mythology Retold are in Q3 and not Q4.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 30 April 2024

Ryuu96 said:

This is embarrassing, how can a senior journalist not do a shred of research. All you'd need to do is follow Klobrille or something, Lol. Almost every single studio under Xbox has staffed up quite a bit, they've in total added hundreds of new positions, none of the XGS acquired in 2018+ suffered layoffs and have only grown, Zenimax had very small layoffs but their headcount far exceeds those.

Playground has essentially doubled in size, Undead Labs opened multiple new studios, Zenimax Online has been popping off in headcount, Rare is IIRC the biggest they've ever been and literally just opened a new studio, Compulsion upgraded to a bigger studio and increased headcount, Obsidian has gone from like 200 to 300 employees, InXile opened a huge studio, etc...

If Todd wanted to say, expand Bethesda Austin for a new Fallout, or even create a new studio for Fallout, Microsoft would absolutely be on that in an instant because they like money and Fallout/Elder Scrolls are both huge money-makers, to suggest they wouldn't have any willingness or desire is crazy talk, Lol. The issue is they don't want to force Todd to do something and piss him off.

If they had a studio entirely dedicated to Fallout, it would be a huge ROI while Maryland focuses on Elder Scrolls/Starfield.

This tweet can basically be summed as someone saying "Microsoft don't like money" Lol.

Yeah, that guy is an idiot. When I was doing the LinkedIn studio size tracking for this thread a few years back I found increases in hiring at nearly every Xbox and Bethesda studio. Only a few like Double Fine didn't seem to be growing back then, but most of them grew by at least 15% during the year and a half or so that I was tracking it, with some growing quite alot more than that. Bethesda themselves increased from like 350 devs to 420 just during that 1.5 years I was tracking it, and they are apparently up to 500+ now, with 544 on LinkedIn currently. Growth overall at Xbox has slowed in recent months now that the gaming market is unstable after the Covid bubble popped, but as far as I know most studios are growing again, albeit at a slower rate than during those Covid years. 

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 30 April 2024