By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

What a pointless service.

Ubisoft's games on sales almost every other week

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

Was looking at the 2 Arkane studios on Google maps. Never realized how dumpy Arkane Lyon looks from the outside, concrete building with graffiti in spots when you circle around the building. Microsoft needs to build them a new building like they have done for some of the other studios.

Looks like the average British building.

It does have a nice view though, from the other side, Lol.

From Linkedin.

gtotheunit91 said:

This seems like a pretty interesting concept! The return of first-person magic shooter games after 30 years I'm gonna have to see proper gameplay first. My biggest concern is while the combat looks pretty flashy in the trailer, in reality it could get repetitive.

Ryuu96 said:
gtotheunit91 said:

This seems like a pretty interesting concept! The return of first-person magic shooter games after 30 years I'm gonna have to see proper gameplay first. My biggest concern is while the combat looks pretty flashy in the trailer, in reality it could get repetitive.

Not the same thing lol. This game is a Magic FPS. Kinda like Ghostwire but machine guns on your fingers lol

BasilZero said:

Don't know if I'd call it pointless. You get pretty decent value for $18 imo:

• PC Ubisoft library consisting of over 100 games currently
  • Xbox Ubisoft library consisting of 64 games currently
  • Amazon Luna cloud streaming for 42 games currently
  • Most games that have Gold editions (the edition that includes all DLC) have the Gold edition on Ubisoft+
  • Day one releases, like Gamepass, rather than late releases like EA Play and PS+ Extra (mid tier)
  • 10% discount on microtransaction currency packs for Ubisoft games
  • Free monthly rewards for various games, much like Gamepass (these include free cosmetics, boosters, and other in-game microtransaction rewards for Ubisoft titles)
  • New games added monthly on the PC library only (new releases for the Xbox and Luna libraries are less often)

That's not a bad value imo, if you are a really big Ubisoft fan and feel like you just have to play a new Assassin's Creed or Far Cry game at release instead of waiting 5 or 6 months for a good sale, you can play that game in it's entirety for just a single month of $18, if you are pretty fast at getting through games.

Around the Network
gtotheunit91 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Not the same thing lol. This game is a Magic FPS. Kinda like Ghostwire but machine guns on your fingers lol

I know, it's just the emphasis on the movement of the hands to perform magic reminds me of Avowed.

Ryuu96 said:
shikamaru317 said:

Was looking at the 2 Arkane studios on Google maps. Never realized how dumpy Arkane Lyon looks from the outside, concrete building with graffiti in spots when you circle around the building. Microsoft needs to build them a new building like they have done for some of the other studios.

Looks like the average British building.

It does have a nice view though, from the other side, Lol.

From Linkedin.

I do agree that the view of the river in Lyon from there is nice.

Perhaps the average British building, but it is worth noting that most of Xbox's British studios have nicer buildings/campuses:

Rare is probably the nicest of all, nice big campus in the countryside with multiple buildings, a pond with a pier, nice landscaping, etc.

Playground has 2 studios now, one of the two is inside of this old but nice building they are leasing called the Rossmore House, the 2nd is in this less nice but still decent building in the 2nd picture. 

Ninja Theory is in one of the buildings in this Westbrook Center

Lionhead was nice as well, back before Xbox closed them, they were in this building.

Last edited by shikamaru317 - on 13 April 2023

shikamaru317 said:
Barozi said:

Ubisoft+ is here but costs $18/month so not really worth it for me, especially since I already own 90% of the Ubisoft library.

Just bought a physical copy of Far Cry 6 Ultimate the other day for about €13 and another Ubisoft game which isn't included in the Ubisoft+ library. Considering Ubisoft games tend to be too long for their own good, the price they're asking for every month is too high. How many of their games can you beat in a month? Up to two games maybe as long as one of them isn't a recent Assassin's Creed game. Might as well pay $20 to own two games (they are on sale quite frequently after all) and play them without the pressure.

I think the main selling point is that day one Ubisoft releases are on there, as well as the DLC including Gold editions for alot of the games. You can play a brand new Ubisoft game, at release, for $18 if you can beat it within a month (pretty easy to do for even their largest games like AC Valhalla), instead of paying $70 for them. You can also wait until all DLC's for said game are released and then play it with all DLC for $18. 

Is their enough value for a permanent sub? Not unless you are a massive Ubisoft fan and play pretty much everything they release. But the value is quite good for a limited time sub when playing new releases that interest you or say if you want to replay some of the older AC games they have re-released for the new batch of achievements, like Ezio Trilogy, Rogue Remaster, and 3 Remaster, or the Far Cry 3 and Blood Dragon re-releases. It's also worth it to play some DLC's for some of the Ubisoft games you own but never bought the DLC for, for instance I never played any of the AC Odyssey or AC Origins DLC, nor the final Valhalla expansion, nor any of the far cry or watch dogs DLC's or South Park Fractured But Whole's DLC's. So I will definitely sub for a few months during some dead zone for new releases to play those re-released games with new batches of achievements and those DLC's I never played.

I know it's mostly for new releases and DLCs but it still isn't that great of a deal, especially if you want to sub once for playing day one and then sub a second time a few months later to play the DLCs. Also let's be real here, most people don't have the time to finish a game like Valhalla in one month. That requires playing the game for 3 hours every single day. Sucks even more when you're additionally paying for Gold or GP that month but don't have the time to use it. No one is going to let GP expire so they can focus on Ubisoft+.

Btw. you're out of luck with some of the bolded games. Both final DLCs for Valhalla and Far Cry 6 are not part of the season pass and therefore not included in any of the available versions (Deluxe, Gold, Ultimate or whatever) so they aren't part of Ubisoft+ either.

@NobleTeam360 play halo with me

BasilZero said:

Definitely not something someone should sub to permanently unless they have money coming out of their eyeballs. But in some situations I think it's a nice option.

Like if Farcry 7 comes out I could pay $18, finish it in a month and then unsub again. Rather than paying $70 to play it day one or having to wait for it to go on sale.