By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - After Microsoft acquires Activision blizzard? They should heavily butter Sega stock

SegaHeart said:
Qwark said:

Why stop at Sega though, to compete in Japan, Microsoft at least needs to buy Capcom (MH) and Square (FF and Dragon Age as well). But having Sonic, Jakuza and Persona is a nice bonus for MS. Or they should take a 40% intrest and give Sega enough money to buyout the other 2.

I'm not like the other OG's the rest rather have Playstation die and some have Nintendo die though few want Nintendo to stay, as for me I don't want Nintendo or Playstation to die. I am helpful kind that Pumps Playstation brand above Microsoft I have a soft heart for Sony I rather other Japanese developers go to Sony I don't want Microsoft to overkill Sony IDK where the extremely aggressive late 90's sony fans Playstation only club that went that bashed both N64 and Sega are now? Most forums have atleast 2 or 3 consoles It's hard finding 1 console owner only unless you're Jackmovejohnny or others which I found out but yeah, Single console owners are less relevant now than back in 5th generation but history is always there I'm just the frustrated of the consolidation I want Sony and Nintendo to be awesome.

They might get more awesome when pressured by Microsoft more. Especially Nintendo could really flourish if it gets pressured more. They have billions laying around anyway instead of building theme parks and movies they might get more motivated in putting that money into grand new IP's if their hands are forced.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Around the Network
Qwark said:
rapsuperstar31 said:

Wasn't Microsoft the final nail in the coffin for Sega?  Microsoft coming into the market as another competitor right around the time they threw the towel in.

Neither PlayStation, Nintendo or Xbox killed Sega hardware. Mostly Sega themselves did that as harsh as it sounds. They are doing pretty good now though, since Persona and Yakuza seems to get much more popular. Also the Sonic movies made some big numbers. So in the end it all worked out for them.

That's what I said, But thanks you and me knew it was Sega but we won't reveal the other multiple factors like I'll just say Fans and population played a role into directing which console to get which is one of many factors but will keep quiet.

I think Sega will never be anything close to what they were. Too much time has passed and too many of the people that made Sega what it was in the 90s are gone.

In hindsight when Sega ditched the Dreamcast they should have pushed to make a partnership with Nintendo and the two of them probably could've carved out a nice chunk of the market and Sega could've stayed more of what it used to be as Nintendo is very good at maintaining a corporate culture focused on high game quality.

Too the people that want Sonic killed this is for you haters that want other IPs oldschool without the right talented teams SKies of Arcadia 2 is impossible

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 07 November 2022

Japanese companies are a bit too smart to let foreign companies take them over. The usual pattern is:

(1) Take over XXX, look at all extra stuff we can do!
(2) Lots of people leave because they are effectively demoted in the merged company.
(3) Sales aren't what they expected, because the company was over-hyped
(4) Realise they paid too much for things they could just have done in house.
(5) Look for "savings".
(6) Fire people.
(7) Balance is restored.

Around the Network

Resetera Virtua Sanus the Mod for Sega fans sporting a Skies of Arcadia avi agrees with me super hard what is we're friends.

"Alot of Sega fans that love Sonic and others Sega fans" not Psudo Sega fans want Sonic to succeed.

Last edited by SegaHeart - on 07 November 2022

We should hope for less concentration within the gaming market. A handful of companies controlling most of the big gaming output is a recipe for disaster. If (or more likely, when) crisis arrives, they will be chopped up mercilessly.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.