By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Star-Field's comparison are silly

Tagged games:

So after watching the Star-field trailer and Gameplay i must say it was a bit of a roller coaster. (Full Trailer below)

Lets start off with the visuals and performance.

The Bad: The first thing we notice is the subpar 30fps and dips. Draw distance is good for this type of game but noticeable. The animation frames dropping in the distance etc. The lack of character animations when being shot. 

The Good: Visual detail and atmosphere are top notch. Character designs, environment, Building and Ship designs are all fantastic. 

Its a good thing they delayed this game to get it better optimized.

Now taking a look at the Gameplay.

After viewing the trailer, it felt a little underwhelming with the combat being a little generic and the exploring didn't seem like much to do except mine a few things and go towards one of the outposts, nothing we haven't seen before, however where this game shines is with its Hub worlds, lore and interactions. Everything you would expect from a Elder Scrolls/Fallout game. 

Now the real games bread and butter, Features/Customization

Past the half way mark of the trailer, we start seeing where this game blows up and becomes one of the most technically advance games ever made.

Base building, being able to create a planet base anywhere in Star-field and actually looks like it will add benefits to a player rather than just act as a healing station and storage base. You are able to create resource type buildings and even hire NPC's to monitor and run the base while you are out exploring. 

Character customization, offering the player many types of options to create a character, nothing we haven't seen before however Star-Field does it on a huge scale. 

Ship Customization, this is one the feature that impressed alot of people. Being able to create and design your very own ship, from modelers to upgrades and paint. You can even free fly around on the ground or in space with actual space combat and exploring. 

The Overall impressions

Now that we have seen the actual trailer, i walked in a little unimpressive and walked out the complete opposite and my hype for this game is still high. This is the game i wanted to see and this is what they are delivering on. If they can optimize the frame rate and improve more on the gun play, Star-Field is going to be an absolute blast. 

This is not a No Man Sky game, this is a Star Citizen game. 

STAR-FIELD GAMEPLAY TRAILER 2022

Last edited by Azzanation - on 15 June 2022

Around the Network

This isn't a Star Citizen game. They are actually going to release a completed game.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Captain_Yuri said:

This isn't a Star Citizen game. They are actually going to release a completed game.

Touch'e

So it is a scam?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:

So it is a scam?

Is this a joke or are you being serious? Actually confused

Around the Network

Good grief I would hope this is nothing like Star Citizen.

Given the scope of what was shown in the Startfield gameplay segment - I would think that there would be some level of procedurally generated content (like no mans sky) along with handcrafted hubs and planets that tie into story missions and side missions etc. I think this would give the balance between surprises and replayability but also allow for a polished experience.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Azzanation said:
DonFerrari said:

So it is a scam?

When I hear about Star Citizen the first thing that comes to my mind is a scam to get people money.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Do you mean being in production for 11 years with the cost of almost $0.5 billion, mostly from crowdfunding, while being pay to win in alpha?

I wonder if the modding community will be as big as skyrim or fallout

DonFerrari said:
Azzanation said:

When I hear about Star Citizen the first thing that comes to my mind is a scam to get people money.

Go play the demo of Star Citizen than go watch the Star Field trailer again and you will see why that conparison makes more sense.