By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Digital Foundry: Mario Strikers Battle League

- 1080p docked, 720p portable

- 60fps in gameplay, 30fps in cutscenes

Around the Network

From a technical standpoint there's nothing I'd complain about.

I haven't played a Strikers game before, but considering how much time I've put into Rocket League I'm sure it's right up my alley. The tough part for me is parting with $60. I'll just have to see what else Nintendo wants me to spend time and money on for the rest of the year. Xenoblade (dare I try to play the whole trilogy?) is probably going to keep this one from making a goal.

I see a serious shortcoming. No Daisy! >:(

Limited roster, limited single player. Pass here.

Around the Network
Mar1217 said:

Solid like anything NLG has put on the Switch so far. Gotta applaud them for their technical prowess !

Yeah, it may not be quite as visually lavish as Luigi's Mansion 3, but that's only natural with a 60fps game versus a 30fps one; only half as much processing time per frame. For the kind of game this is, prioritizing smoothness and image quality was the right move I think.

Overall a strong effort hitting 1080p/60fps docked and 720p/60fps portable; Next Level once again proving themselves a very capable studio.

KLAMarine said:

I'd put money on her being added as an update in a few months.

curl-6 said:
Mar1217 said:

Solid like anything NLG has put on the Switch so far. Gotta applaud them for their technical prowess !

Yeah, it may not be quite as visually lavish as Luigi's Mansion 3, but that's only natural with a 60fps game versus a 30fps one; only half as much processing time per frame. For the kind of game this is, prioritizing smoothness and image quality was the right move I think.

Overall a strong effort hitting 1080p/60fps docked and 720p/60fps portable; Next Level once again proving themselves a very capable studio.

KLAMarine said:

I'd put money on her being added as an update in a few months.

They better. Daisy is underappreciated!

I really hate Digital Foundry. Does anyone know of a popular review site that emphasizes gameplay much more than graphics? I really think every Digital Foundry review focuses on entirely the wrong thing.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I really hate Digital Foundry. Does anyone know of a popular review site that emphasizes gameplay much more than graphics? I really think every Digital Foundry review focuses on entirely the wrong thing.

The entire point of Digital Foundry is technical analysis.

The_Liquid_Laser said:

Nope, I think you're stuck with Digital Foundry, sorry. Can't think of any other websites which review games.