By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - WoRST FaNBoYS: GaMiNG iNDuSTRy.. MoVie iNDuSTy..TV SHoWS.MuSiC FaNBoYS..ETC

Im going to have to agree with mrstickball on this because John Petrucci is a god. Music fanboys are generally stuck in one band/genre (and usually not even sub-genres) and really dont appreciate the huge spectrum of music available to them. they argue against other music (which i think is very healthy), but with very little knowledge as to what they are arguing against because they have tunnel vision.

Around the Network

Worst of the worst are the super old-school vinyl musik fans, they are so old-school they are preschool, I really have met some people who own every record worth owning, so if you like something they don´t have you are a joke and if the musik was made after CDs came out you belong in a metal institution, car fanboys are bad too, but I just nood my head all the time and they leave me alone.

TV show genre fanboys

I generally have a prob. with the Mac fanboys. I'll admit that Macs are pretty and the OS is user friendly. But I'm not paying that much for pretty and something that doesn't run all the software I need/want to run. So if you want a Mac, great. Go get a Mac. But don't try to convince me to buy one. Ain't happening.

Numbers are like people. Torture them enough and you can get them to say anything you want.

VGChartz Resident Thread Killer

Linux fanboys.

Around the Network

I aM tHe WoRsT fAnBoY!

DonWii said:
I will go with sports fanboys. Other than the PS3, I have never seen a riot started by anything other than sports. Or, at least, I do not recall.
 DonWii is right again! I was thinking the same thing. Despite all the passionate anger that fills forums and conventions and every other fanboy venue, none other then Sports has had actual blood spilt on behalf of fans. Riots, mob hits, countless injured, streakers going to jail, threatened fans(cubs fan who caught the ball druing the playoffs a few years ago). They have entire wardrobes decales, flags waving on their cars. Try wearing a yankee ball cap in Boston. In fact just try wearing a New York cap in Boston and some one will rip on you for just because of the Yanks. Try entering a pub with that hat during a game, and I'd seriously be concerned about a fight.  Plus there is simply more sports fans then any other kind of fan period. More people watch things like the superbowl then anything else. So if you measure by passion, aggresion, memoribelia(sp?) or popularity it always come back to sports.  PS. is there a spell checker in here somewhere that I'm not aware of? I could use one. 

HappySqurriel said:

Personally, I have always hated "Car" fanboys ...

I bought my Ford Fusion because it was (roughly) $5,000 to $10,000 less then a similar Accord or Camry, it had 0% financing (as compared to the 7.2% Honda and Toyota were willing to give), and I liked the car enough to buy it.

I really don't care about the extra fuel mileage on the Japaneese cars because (with the ammount of public transit I take) I fill up my care once a month. I don't care that my car will have a lower resale value because I paid far less up front. I don't care that my car is 2% more likely to require a major repair in the first 5 years of owning it.

I swear that car fans are about the only people who would be disrespectful enough to (essentially) call someone an idiot for making a purchase that suited their needs or desires.

I agree with you. The funny thing about cars when it comes to reliability is that its all perception. People tend to lump all Japanese, Euro, and American cars together. Reliabilty varies by brand. For example, BMWs and Mecedes Benz vehicles are some of the least reliable vehicles you can buy. Particulary Mercedes vehicles. They were the pinnacle of quality but their quality started to take a nose dive in the mid to late 90s. Toyota still has the best build quality but their number of recalls are on the rise while GM and Fords recalls are on the decline. Also the Fusion is an excellent car. Its actually based on the Mazda 6. It just has more interior space and the suspension is tuned a bit more for ride quality over performance.

BTW: A word of advice to anyone buying a new vehicle. Avoid Consumer Reports. Do your own research. Consumer Reports gets its reliability data from subscribers. This is an inherently flawed process. It would be like asking a Nintendo fanboy to review PS3 products or Sony fan to review Nintendo products. CR has told its readers for years that domestic cars are junk. So they have an inherent bias for Japanese cars in particular and against anything else.

As long as the car works, it's good enough for me.