By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sad Moments in Video games thread.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

The family deaths in Mother 3
The big death at the end of The Walking Dead Season 1
The huge death in Final Fantasy VII
The escape scene around the end of The Last of Us. So many complicated emotions
One of the big deaths around the beginning of The Last of Us Part II

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Wman1996 said:

Yeah TLOU 2 at the beginning.  I think I literally dropped my controller 

Despite all the flack it gets (and a lot of it is deserved) Final Fantasy XV's ending hit me pretty hard.

The endings of both Ori games.
The ending of File 2 and the ending of File 11 in Astral Chain.
That death scene earlier in Ys VIII.

The endings of The Walking Dead and The Walking Dead: Season 2.

Last edited by Kakadu18 - on 28 May 2022

Around the Network
Wman1996 said:

Yeah TLOU has some really sad moments. For me its..

FF7 - Aerith

The Last of Us part 1 - the at the end of the first chapter hit was tragic. And pretty much sets the tone for the game

The TLOU 2 - Main big death. That was more shocking than sad. Couldn't believe it.

FF6 - Celes’s attempted suicide and Gau meeting his father
Link’s Awakening - the big reveal and the ending.

I think this was the first time I ever cried with a videogame (Spoilers for the original Starcraft):

I'm not even that much of a PC gamer but after enjoying Age of Empires II, Starcraft just hit the right spot for me. Also, the way Tassadar sacrificed himself for the greater good in combination with the OST is just superb. Even watching it now as an adult it gave me chills. 

Though perhaps the saddest and more tragic moment I've ever experienced in a game is probably this (spoilers for the original Fallout):

This one hits me like a ton of bricks every single time I beat the game (which is several since it's my favorite game of all time). I actually didn't even watch it this time, just copied and pasted it here haha.

In 2018, when PlayStation banned the sale of Omega Labyrinth Z in Western regions then proceeded to censor Japanese games. This was the start of dark times and it only got worse.

John Marshton’s execution at the end of Red Dead Redemtion. It’s cool that you can get revenge as his son Jack. Also really awesome that you can continue the game as John’s zombie ?‍♂️ or play against zombies in his nightmare.