By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 is outpacing PS4 by nearly 3x in China

Around the Network

What's this from?

Kakadu18 said:

What's this from?

I saw it on Twitter. The person posting it there said the infographic is from Sony themselves.

Kakadu18 said:

What's this from?

Investor relations meeting Sony just had. Finished like an hour ago or something. 

Sony's inroads into China, especially through translation and localisations aid for JPN games, during the PS4 era are paying dividends now. Good work.

Now that XDev has pushed into Asia (including China), they should start seeing more Chinese support (outside of their Chine Hero Project - but no idea how that has been going since Covid hit)

Around the Network

Will be fascinating to see how the PS5 tracks in China over the course of this generation. Sony establishing a userbase of 5M - 10M players by the end of this generation would be huge.

twintail said:

Sony's inroads into China, especially through translation and localisations aid for JPN games, during the PS4 era are paying dividends now. Good work.

If only there wasnt chip shortages...

Also interesting is how much they sent to Saudi Arabia. Meanwhile poor Spain, getting 0 stock.

UK LTD also above Japan so like 1.5m.

Farsala said:

Also interesting is how much they sent to Saudi Arabia. Meanwhile poor Spain, getting 0 stock.

UK LTD also above Japan so like 1.5m.

SA is also a region they targetted in the PS4 days. Also working out for them now. But I don't know much about the region to properly comment on it.

I feel that JPN number is misleading though: pretty confident they're being diverted to other SEA countries. 

Isn't that graph a giant load of bullshit? "Week 72 sell-through after global launch" doesn't mean "sell-through in China through 72 weeks of availability."

https://www.theverge.com/2015/3/10/8181919/playstation-4-china-release-date-march-20th

https://www.psu.com/news/ps5-chinese-release-date-set-for-may-15-2021-price-confirmed/

The above official launch dates essentially mean that the graph compares roughly 2 months of PS4 sales vs. roughly 12 months of PS5 sales.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV (360+PS3) would outsell SSBB. I was wrong.

A Biased Review Reloaded / Open Your Eyes / Switch Shipments