By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - I'm ok with Microsoft buying alot of Stock for Sega(my youtube channel can upload again)

I'm not. Then again I feel there is more talk from fans of who they want to buy who than talking about actual games and it makes me sick.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Why specifically Microsoft though?  Why not Nintendo or Sony or any other company?

lets go Atlus and Yakuza/Judgment games to Sony, maybe Skies of Arcadia to Square Enix, and Microsoft can have the rest.

CosmicSex said:

Why specifically Microsoft though?  Why not Nintendo or Sony or any other company?

I would imagine it’s bc Microsoft is the only one that’s been willing to make the biggest splashes.  Sony and Nintendo seem to stick to the cheaper, more conservative purchases (I realize bungie was a bigger purchase, but honestly, they’re keeping them multiplatform so it’s not as impactful as something like Microsoft purchasing Bethesda and then making starfield Xbox exclusive).

Kslost said:
CosmicSex said:

I would imagine it’s bc Microsoft is the only one that’s been willing to make the biggest splashes.  Sony and Nintendo seem to stick to the cheaper, more conservative purchases (I realize bungie was a bigger purchase, but honestly, they’re keeping them multiplatform so it’s not as impactful as something like Microsoft purchasing Bethesda and then making starfield Xbox exclusive).

It's mainly because after DC died and SEGA exited consoles then SEGA put some exclusives on Xbox and Xbox had no preexisting history with a fandom being new, SEGA fans latched on to Xbox. Some still do and created this narrative and delusion if MS buys SEGA then SEGA is back on consoles. Fooling themselves be like the old days again. For 20 years seen some circle of old SEGA fans wanting this marriage to happen, but since last year this is the first time I've seen it escelate to being a mainstream rumor/wish since MS has been on a buying spree. SEGA fans constantly pretend OG Xbox is Dreamcast 2. I've rolled my eyes at it for 2 decades now online.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:

Well, I would rather Microsoft buy them because I prefer PC platform. Sony is hit or miss with releasing their games on PC so far, and Nintendo is... well, Nintendo.

Leynos said:
Kslost said:

It's mainly because after DC died and SEGA exited consoles then SEGA put some exclusives on Xbox and Xbox had no preexisting history with a fandom being new, SEGA fans latched on to Xbox. Some still do and created this narrative and delusion if MS buys SEGA then SEGA is back on consoles. Fooling themselves be like the old days again. For 20 years seen some circle of old SEGA fans wanting this marriage to happen, but since last year this is the first time I've seen it escelate to being a mainstream rumor/wish since MS has been on a buying spree. SEGA fans constantly pretend OG Xbox is Dreamcast 2. I've rolled my eyes at it for 2 decades now online.

---

I dont believe MS can buy SegaSammy due to that Japanese rule.

Also many see the Xbox as the Sega spiritual successor. Segas appoach to gaming is very similar to Xbox with focus on MP games aswell as they were the first to online gaming. Something Xbox drove forward when Sega exited the hardware market.

Last edited by Azzanation - on 24 May 2022