By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Embracer Group plans to unleash the Square IP's they just acquired

IcaroRibeiro said:
twintail said:

I didn't think a publisher could be less interesting than Ubisoft or EA. But here we go.

Exactly my thoughts looking that picture. The only noteworthy game there is Valheim the rest... a big yawn

Like... are people really excited for that acquisition?

I don't get your point. The studios have been bought. Why would they even need any other AAA studios to make these games?

Apart from that Embracer isn't really publishing themselves. They consist of a bunch of different publishers and constantly release games. With many games you're most likely not aware of it being under Embracer. I for example didn't know Evil Dead: The Game is from Embracer.

Around the Network

More IPs and games under a company that's more likely to bring them to Switch is reason enough for it to be a win in my book.

curl-6 said:

A new Tomb Raider game is already is development at Crystal Dynamics, with every indication it is a AAA project:
https://www.polygon.com/23011809/tomb-raider-new-game-unreal-engine-5

Wasn't a massive fan of the new TR games though looking forward to this. Current rumor is that is going to remake of the very first game. UE 5 too, nice!

Kakadu18 said:
IcaroRibeiro said:

Exactly my thoughts looking that picture. The only noteworthy game there is Valheim the rest... a big yawn

Like... are people really excited for that acquisition?

I don't get your point. The studios have been bought. Why would they even need any other AAA studios to make these games?

Financing, mostly. Publishers are the one banking most of development costs and I'm yet to see any game that really seems to be such a huge undertaking like Tomb Raider game used to be on Square. 

Seriously, I'm concerned now. Embracer truly looks like a big Vulture buying out IPs that failed in past for cheap prices, sighs 

But well, it's just games, no reason to stress about it. If Tomb Raiden no longer have proper budget like when it was with Square then I will just find something else to play