By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Embracer Group plans to unleash the Square IP's they just acquired

shikamaru317 said:

Hope we get a remake of Human Revolution and a remaster of Mankind Divided in a single collection for PS5/Xbox Series/PC ahead of the release of the 3rd game in the Adam Jensen trilogy. A remake for the first 2 Deus Ex games would be great as well. Also hoping the recent Tomb Raider trilogy gets a remaster collection for PS5/Xbox Series/PC.

Also hope that Sleeping Dogs was among the IP that Embracer got and they they remaster or remake it and then make a sequel.

I don't think HR needs a remake. Just an option in the menus to skip those horrid boss fights.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

Oh how I now wish Embraced Group controlled SNK instead of Saudi Arabia.

Leynos said:
shikamaru317 said:

Hope we get a remake of Human Revolution and a remaster of Mankind Divided in a single collection for PS5/Xbox Series/PC ahead of the release of the 3rd game in the Adam Jensen trilogy. A remake for the first 2 Deus Ex games would be great as well. Also hoping the recent Tomb Raider trilogy gets a remaster collection for PS5/Xbox Series/PC.

Also hope that Sleeping Dogs was among the IP that Embracer got and they they remaster or remake it and then make a sequel.

I don't think HR needs a remake. Just an option in the menus to skip those horrid boss fights.

I wouldn't mind a 2 generation graphical upgrade on Human Revolution, by today's standard's it's pretty dated. But it at least needs a 4K/60 fps remaster, the Director's Cut of the game that fixed alot of the issues (including the boss fight one) is not playable on platforms newer than PS3/360 afaik, was never added to Xbox BC, just the standard version of the game was. 

They will probably port and remaster everything for the Switch or PS5/XBS for the money. Not something I am interested in, and seems like a complete waste to me.

But if they make a new Deus Ex, I definitely will be interested.

I'd kill for a new Legacy of Kain or finally finally finally get a conclusion to Anachronox

Around the Network

IIRC they're also the ones that bought the TimeSplitters franchise and I'm still waiting for something (anything!) from that so... I'll believe it when I see it!

ZyroXZ2 said:

I'm just REALLYYYYYY curious how they're going to handle Tomb Raider. The reboot series was good (Rise of the Tomb Raider was the best of the three, though), and I saw great potential in it becoming a pillar franchise in gaming against the giant of Uncharted, but now I'm just concerned... D:

2 words

Spoiler!
Big Titties

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Zero interest in these studios or their IP.

As long as their legacy titles are made available somewhere somehow

Maybe we'll get lucky and Embracer Group will buy shares in Capcom and Nintendo from Saudi Arabia. Say what you will about Embracer Group, but at least they're not MBS.

Could be a zerg rush of ports, remakes and remasters to all the current gen systems? (Switch, PS5 and XSX.)

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--