By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What type of gamer are you?

Here's choices what makes you?

Legendary 3 20.00%

Inventor 1 6.67%

Harcore 4 26.67%

Casual 7 46.67%

Total:15

A hardcore inventor. I love to put games to the test. From canoeing all the way around in RDR2

To finding weird places in a game and testing them out

To optimizing glitches for ridiculous speed

Or finding all the ways to die

Exploration and invention are the most fun parts of games, hence a game like Infinifactory is at the top of my list

And when possible, I'll be building. Just a little sign powered by a few hundred power generators lol

When a game says go this way, I go the other way first. When it wants me to kill something one way, I'll find another way.

Around the Network

Im classified as casual now as I generally will play on weekends or when I feel I have time to put in. that is just the way things go when you get older. When i was younger... hell yeah Id play hours a day after school but you get older and take on new 'adult' responsibilities, that changes things. I still play the hardcore games but on a casual basis.

This is from an old thread that had a link to a survey that shows your profile according to your answers here's mine.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

I was a hardcore gamer once. I was really good at Counter-Strike, Quake 3 and that kind of stuff. Played those games for hours each and every day.

But I got older and tbh I'm not that much into gaming anymore. Partly because I could never warm up to all that social gaming BS, partly because newer games bore the living crap out of me. As of today there is not a single title that I look forward to. Maybe The Elder Scrolls 6, although I'm doubtful that that game will release before my demise.

I'm also not in school anymore and work eats so much more time than that. Plus I have a wife and a kid, so there goes my leisure time. I also got into other hobbies. Right now I'm learning to play ukulele and enjoy that a lot more than gaming. When I find the time and the motivation to fire up a game, I do it on my shiny Steam Deck, but I just play old games on emulators. Right now I'm playing Castlevania: Circle of the Moon.

So with all that said, consider me a dirty casual.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

It depends on the game. In some games I'm more casual and in others I'm a total tryhard.

Around the Network

Single player midcore
Multi player casual

collector lol. They just sit there in their shrink wrapping lol.

When Overwatch came out, I played it so competitively that I got into Masters league which was no small feet back in the day.

These days I am much more casual cause

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850