By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - ‘The Batman 2’ Is Happening & Robert Pattinson Is Returning — CinemaCon

Sweet, enjoyed the first one.

Around the Network

Thats great news. Hopefully we'll get new villains for this one, I would really love to see Clayface, Hugo Strange or The Court of Owls featured in a live action film. Maybe even Hush, tho thats a very convoluted storyline with a lot of important characters included so Its probably a very big longshot.

Can't wait for more. Y'all seen the Joker deleted scene? It could practically be a trailer for the sequel on its own.

Jpcc86 said:

Thats great news. Hopefully we'll get new villains for this one, I would really love to see Clayface, Hugo Strange or The Court of Owls featured in a live action film. Maybe even Hush, tho thats a very convoluted storyline with a lot of important characters included so Its probably a very big longshot.

Hush has pretty much already been set up as an option for them to explore in the sequel. We'll obviously also be seeing more of Joker and Penguin, too. I'd love to see The Court of Owls cap off the trilogy, especially if they start laying the groundwork for it in #2.

TallSilhouette said:

Can't wait for more. Y'all seen the Joker deleted scene? It could practically be a trailer for the sequel on its own.

Jpcc86 said:

Hush has pretty much already been set up as an option for them to explore in the sequel. We'll obviously also be seeing more of Joker and Penguin, too. I'd love to see The Court of Owls cap off the trilogy, especially if they start laying the groundwork for it in #2.

Lets also not forget that this Batman universe is not limited to films :P. I cannot wait to see the projects that spin off from this!

1doesnotsimply

Urgh didn't enjoy The Batman. Pass.

Did really well in the box office so good for WB I guess.

Around the Network
hinch said:

Did it though?  It's gross is at $759 million worldwide as it is starting to leave theaters.  I'm not knocking that as a total mind you.  But, I remember people calling the Andrew Garfield Amazing SpiderMan movies flops for grossing in the 700 million range.  This is well short of what Aquaman pulled in for DC comparison's sake.  I guess it's all a matter of perception though.

Mandalore76 said:
hinch said:

Did it though?  It's gross is at $759 million worldwide as it is starting to leave theaters.  I'm not knocking that as a total mind you.  But, I remember people calling the Andrew Garfield Amazing SpiderMan movies flops for grossing in the 700 million range.  This is well short of what Aquaman pulled in for DC comparison's sake.  I guess it's all a matter of perception though.

After JL and BvS 'flops' and we're in post Covid times.. I'd say its quite impressive. Considering China has been in lockdown for while now and how situation is like in other parts of the world. It can't really be compared tbh.

hinch said:
Mandalore76 said:

After JL and BvS 'flops' and we're in post Covid times.. I'd say its quite impressive. Considering China has been in lockdown for while now and how situation is like in other parts of the world. It can't really be compared tbh.

This is actually between Justice League ($657m) and Batman vs Superman ($872m).  I agree things are different at the box office now than they were before Covid.  But, Spiderman No Way Home raked in 800m just in domestic box office alone ($1.89b worldwide) post covid.