By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Games you like in series you hate

I typically think of CoD series as the most mindless games with one of the most toxic fanbases. I normally see the series as what if Michael Bay or Roland Emmerich made games. However sometimes ago I got in a real Sci Fi shooter kick. I enjoyed Titanfall 2 a lot. Even Crysis games plus a few others. Then I did it. I gave one more CoD game a chance. Infinite Warfare. The campaign is pretty decent tho with some holes in the story. It played ok, not amazing but ok. The missions are fun and Ethan is a cool character. Hey I get to captain a spaceship! Almost as cool as having a mech.  I don't touch MP in these games.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

I adore Pikmin 1 and Pikmin 3. Pikmin 2 is absolutely garbage.

AC4 Black Flag is the only one that I could get into and even played more than once.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Chrkeller said:

Ha Pikmin 2 is my favourite for sure.  Suits my play style best.

I suppose I don't really like Age of Empires, Age of Empires 3 or Age of Empires 4. But Age of Empires 2 Definitive Edition is one of the best games ever made.

In about 2 weeks, yet another DLC will release with more campaigns and civs. Should be fun.

Around the Network

I liked assassins creed 1 and 2. Have not liked any of the AC games after that point. A similar thing kind of happened with call of duty: I played all of the 7th console gen CODs, but have played none of the 8th console gen CODs.

DMC 5. The franchise as a whole is terrible and often cringy, but DMC 5 was fun.

I don't like any post Jak X Naughty Dog game. Disliked the original Uncharted trilogy and both The Last of Us games. But for some reason I REALLY enjoyed Uncharted 4 and Lost Legacy.

Chrkeller said:

This is an opinion that I'd never have imagined to read. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Elden Ring is the only Souls game I could play for longer than an hour.

I adored CoD, CoD4 and World at War but now the franchise is doodoo.