By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Is free speech suppressed on the internet's main public squares

Yes 61 54.95%

No 46 41.44%

Undecided 4 3.60%

Total:111

I do not believe Musk gets it. All your really good engineers will leave because you come in, fire half the company and then tell the rest to give up their life to justify your actions. The only people that will remain are the people he probably would not have wanted. Anyone that is still there is waiting for an offer to another company before leaving. I know most of those engineers already work salary so working 80 hours week with no compensation benefit package is a huge HELL NO. I do not know, did he spend 44 billion to just tank the company.

Around the Network

No + he is gonna replace the engineer who left. (He is a billionaire) + I dont use twitter often, my account is a ghost, just checking news for games or minor info. + I feel this hystery is a battle between republican and democrat over twitter with media making it big. Musk is seen as a republican taking over twitter, (he speak about unbanning Trump etc.., this make the democrat really uncomfortable) but since im neither a democrat, neither an american, i pretty much dont care. Once the hysteria goes down, it will get better and im still gonna check twitter for information like i do. It doesn't matter who's the ceo of twitter for me.

Wasting all that PayPal money on electric cars and reusable rockets that'll both crash and burn..

It certainly hasn't sunk in yet. How long before the lightbulb illuminates?

And that was before he had tens of billions of dollars at his disposal.

What I am finding to be an issue is that, yes free speech is important... But not if it comes at the expense of being ethical towards other people.

There is no room for bigotry, fake information, hate speech, homophobia, sexism, racism and more, period. Real life or online.
It's called being respectful.

I think Musk just thrives on attention, Trump does the same thing, they like to be the center of it, that is how they make their "brand"... So the crazier the idea, the more disruption they can cause, the better for their particular brand... Which is themselves.

But you know what? If twitter falters and fails, there will be another company to take it's place.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Hadn't heard about this detail til now. This is just sad.

Captain Free Speech has been firing Twitter employees for criticizing him.

This one isn't exactly surprising to me, but is basically everyone who rattles on about free speech completely full of shit?

Around the Network

Captain Free Speech, haha. Love it! :D
Turns out to be the biggest hypocritical dogs anus conceivable. Surprised? :D

Fuck Elon, Grimes may be having his kids, but she’s not fucking him. I wonder if that’s why he’s such a slimed up scummy monkey’s hand-fuck?
He looks like he smells like old fries on the floor of a sweaty Scooter concert with bad skunky weed.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Jumpin said:

Captain Free Speech, haha. Love it! :D
Turns out to be the biggest hypocritical dogs anus conceivable. Surprised? :D

Fuck Elon, Grimes may be having his kids, but she’s not fucking him. I wonder if that’s why he’s such a slimed up scummy monkey’s hand-fuck?
He looks like he smells like old fries on the floor of a sweaty Scooter concert with bad skunky weed.

Generally free speech has a ton of restrictions anyway. Libel/Slander for example are some restrictions to free speech.

In saying that, proponents of free-speech don't seem to recognize those fundamental limitations and desire a free-for-all.
That is... Until they suffer the wrath of other peoples free-speech, then wish to impose limitations and start acting like a snow-flake until they get their own way.

In short, the guy is your typical hypocrite, they exist on the left and right side of the political spectrum.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

TallSilhouette said:

Hadn't heard about this detail til now. This is just sad.

Captain Free Speech has been firing Twitter employees for criticizing him.

This one isn't exactly surprising to me, but is basically everyone who rattles on about free speech completely full of shit?

So far I haven't seen any exceptions among people who criticize the state of democratic countries and/or online platforms who follow the guidelines of democracy, be it on the internet or in any other area of life.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Musk is def a conservative anybody who thinks otherwise is delulu

ConservagameR said:

Wasting all that PayPal money on electric cars and reusable rockets that'll both crash and burn..

It certainly hasn't sunk in yet. How long before the lightbulb illuminates?

And that was before he had tens of billions of dollars at his disposal.

Your post is like a half written sentence.

Just because someone has had success in the past, doesn't guarantee that they will in the future. 

There are plenty of factors that affect whether someone will be successful or a failure outside of their own decisions or who they are. 
Plenty of big companies have multiple wildly successful ventures, that find themselves with big failures.