By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - E3 2022 digital event has officially been cancelled.

I haven't cared about the E3 in a good decade. A bunch of 60 second long non gameplay clips of games coming out in a few years.... I much prefer State of Play or Directs... gameplay and release date this year.

Announcing games too early is just annoying, especially when it isn't ready to be announced. Metroid Prime 4 being a poster child.

Around the Network

I still largely prefer the prospect of having a single week in the year with a ton of concentrated news big n' small than the elongated lame Summer of games Pope Geoff created nor think that because the industry has found itself new ways to deliver a message through a digital presentation that they should exempt them from what is considered a huge celebratory of the gaming culture.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

As someone noted above, the E3 Business and Media Summit or whatever it was was the start of the decline. It also didn't help that the console makers were using E3 to promote non-gaming bullshit over actual games over that time period.

It also would have helped if E3 had actually been open to the public. All that pomp and circumstance for a trade-only event just seems like a waste in general. TGS was always more exciting to me.

So this was not an April's fool ?

Current PB on Secret of Mana remake : 2h27 (2nd)
Strongest worldwide achievement on TGM : 1st European S13 rank
Fastest TGM3 MASTER in Europe : rank Master V in 5min10
Western record on TGM3 EASY : 1484
Current PB on Power Ranger (Game Gear) : 10min06 (World Record)

Non-geek activity : ThermalHungary

2011 was about the last time I gave a crap about E3 as a whole. E3 is a shell of itself and not reinventing itself fast enough.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 144 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million)

PS5: 105 million Xbox Series S/X: 60 million

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network
SanAndreasX said:

As someone noted above, the E3 Business and Media Summit or whatever it was was the start of the decline. It also didn't help that the console makers were using E3 to promote non-gaming bullshit over actual games over that time period.

It also would have helped if E3 had actually been open to the public. All that pomp and circumstance for a trade-only event just seems like a waste in general. TGS was always more exciting to me.

Eh I'd take that over Summer Games Fests and Directs/PS Showcase etc. E3 was a week of fun. Now its just watching a presentation of trailers, except we're drip fed through the summer months lol.

*Jeremy Clarkson voice* - "Oh no! So, anyway."