By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Let me play LoD on PS4/PS5 already, Sony!

Tagged games:

Do you agree?

For sure, LoD for life! 5 17.24%

Of course not, it's you. 5 17.24%

I would rather play PS5 on PS1. 2 6.90%

What is a LoD? 3 10.34%

LoD will be on gamepass before that happens. 1 3.45%

LoD Remake when? 4 13.79%

Didn't you already have enough? 2 6.90%

Stop playing with yourself. 2 6.90%

Play has no limits. 2 6.90%

Did you really needed to ... 3 10.34%

Total:29
twintail said:

Sony aren't going to let you run your PS1 discs, sorry dude.

But I do believe that Sony needs to use this opportunity to just throw all their stuff onto the service. Everything, big or small. Just put them.
I also hope this allows for certain unlocalised games can be released WW too

I don`t even know if the PS5 driver reads CD (sure it technically could), I know that PS4 could and even though we had the ports of PS1 titles you couldn`t run from the disk, that is more on the Xbox side (well you don`t use the disc itself, you just validate your license).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Give me a remake that is true to the original. Turn based combat or bust!

No.

Basil's YouTube Channel

PotentHerbs said:

Give me a remake that is true to the original. Turn based combat or bust!

This is what I'd like to see too.  LoD had a really good combat system.  LoD is also a game that I feel was inspired by FF7.  I would love to see them make a LoD Remake and upstage Square-Enix by including the whole LoD game, from beginning to end, but with updated graphics.  

ironmanDX said:

Diablo 2 LoD is available on ps5.

You're welcome.

That's actually an amazing game too, nowhere close to LoD, but real amazing too.

DonFerrari said:

Sony will put over 1000 titles of PS1 on PS+ Premium but LoD won't be among those =p

I actually don't doubt that, LoD may even be the only PS1 game missing from the platform whole game list as Sony keeps pretending it doesn't exist.

ConservagameR said:
axumblade said:

Never!!!! Maybe they’ll make it available on PSN+ premium…

Ah na. Gotta add a Platinum tier. Just for LoD.

That would be really neat and disgusting at the same time.

Also that just made me realise, why didn't Sony just call their PS Plus tiers Bronze, Silver and Gold? Missed opportunity.

Spike0503 said:

Agreed 100%! An LoD remake would also be appreciated :D

A man of culture, I see.

BasilZero said:

No.

Smelly bird.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
Spike0503 said:

Agreed 100%! An LoD remake would also be appreciated :D

A man of culture, I see.

Funny enough, I've been playing through LoD recently. This is my third time playing it. I can't stand Rose due to certain plot elements (I'm sure you know) so I try to avoid using her as much as possible lol.

My favorite team is Dart + Albert + Shana. I'm currently on Disc 2 on the phantom ship? I was trying to get that "Ultimate Warlord" bracelet you can get there to have auto-additions but the stupid treasure chest puzzle is too hard/luck-based so I might just skip it haha. 

twintail said:

Sony aren't going to let you run your PS1 discs, sorry dude.

Yeah Sony would rather charge you for the games you already own.

I'm not on any side of the console war (I have both a PS5 and a Series X), but I love the way Microsoft has been doing it. Let me play a backwards compatible game if I have the disc, but also let me buy a game digitally if I don't. Either way, I own the game in question.

If they did that people would want another sequel...and we all know Sony doesn't want to deal with that.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

never even heard of this game....

我是广州人

BraLoD said:
ConservagameR said:

Ah na. Gotta add a Platinum tier. Just for LoD.

That would be really neat and disgusting at the same time.

Also that just made me realise, why didn't Sony just call their PS Plus tiers Bronze, Silver and Gold? Missed opportunity.

PS Plus pLoDinum. $125 per year. Extra $5 just for respect.

Too much like XB Live unfortunately. Can't be seen as directly copying in an industry built on creativity.