By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kid Icarus Uprising 10th Anniversary Cast Interview

The game is really fun and while I don't like the idea of the control scheme on paper, it worked way better than I expected. Still, a sequel or remake needs a better control scheme.
I'm glad the actors are eager to return should there be a new game or anime shorts (or a show would be cool). I'd like to have them back.
With Kid Icarus being a more obscure IP, they should remake Uprising on Switch. There will be better controls and far better graphics. And after Uprising has been remade and enjoyed and built a bit of momentum, release a sequel to Uprising on Switch 2.

Lifetime Sales Predictions 

Switch: 151 million (was 73, then 96, then 113 million, then 125 million, then 144 million)

PS5: 115 million (was 105 million) Xbox Series S/X: 57 million (was 60 million, then 67 million)

PS4: 120 mil (was 100 then 130 million, then 122 million) Xbox One: 51 mil (was 50 then 55 mil)

3DS: 75.5 mil (was 73, then 77 million)

"Let go your earthly tether, enter the void, empty and become wind." - Guru Laghima

Around the Network

I'm torn on whether I want a sequel to this. One of my favorite games of all time, but I'm doubtful it could be done again without Sakurai at the helm, and the man deserves to work on whatever he wants at this point.

CaptainExplosion said:
Wman1996 said:

The game is really fun and while I don't like the idea of the control scheme on paper, it worked way better than I expected. Still, a sequel or remake needs a better control scheme.
I'm glad the actors are eager to return should there be a new game or anime shorts (or a show would be cool). I'd like to have them back.
With Kid Icarus being a more obscure IP, they should remake Uprising on Switch. There will be better controls and far better graphics. And after Uprising has been remade and enjoyed and built a bit of momentum, release a sequel to Uprising on Switch 2.

It'd be a good way to bring more life into the Kid Icarus franchise, and remind Nintendo that it has other worthwhile games besides Mario and Zelda.

JWeinCom said:

I'm torn on whether I want a sequel to this. One of my favorite games of all time, but I'm doubtful it could be done again without Sakurai at the helm, and the man deserves to work on whatever he wants at this point.

I'm sure, as great as Sakurai is, there are other people good enough to fill in for him.

I dunno. It's not just that his games are good, it's that he seems to micromanage, and his games have a very unique quality to them. I'm sure a lot of people could make a good Kid Icarus game. Can they make a good sequel to Kid Icarus Uprising? I dunno.