By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

I've just rang my second bell and venturing into the Quarry. Seems like that's basically the tutorial done and it'll ramp up in difficulty from here.

Really enjoying it too.

Around the Network

Card?

I have one thing that kinda looks like a card I suppose.

More like a key chain with a little heart on it.

I have no idea what it does. Just know that it's probably better than nothing.

I would say the best item for the Quarry is the item that allows you to snatch enemies. It will make your run a lot easier and in certain respect is pretty OP.

Finally jumped back in after a week or so away... Beat the spider boss after figuring out the way forward.

Tried entering the quarry so many times... Probably not ready for it or something idk. Beating the enemies was usually OK... It was just figuring out that I'm not supposed to be there yet.

Took 3-4 tries to beat the spider. Just ended up running around in circles, freezing him and hitting the glowy thing on his ass. Was also quite vulnerable after the laser.

Still really enjoying it, looking like I'll have more time this week to put into it.

trunkswd said:

I'm up to the Librarian boss. I've gotten close a couple times but most attempts I don't even get him down to half health. I might need to go back and grind a bit to get upgrades.

The library boss is tough but made easier if you have the staff to shoot him with.  If you do not have that item then it can be a real grind.

Around the Network

I didn't use the staff, just kept grappling him with the... hook?!?

It made heem flinch and interuppted his attacks. Get enough mana from the shadow foes he spawns in and can be 1 shot.

ironmanDX said:

I didn't use the staff, just kept grappling him with the... hook?!?

It made heem flinch and interuppted his attacks. Get enough mana from the shadow foes he spawns in and can be 1 shot.

That works as well.  I used the staff every time he did a move which allowed me to get a lot of hits in and used the shadow foes for mana.  The reason I stopped using the grapple is that it only allowed me a few hits before he would jump away which seem like it was taking forever to kill him.  I especially liked when he did his lighting attack as you can tell where he will land and just get behind him, get some hits with the sword then continue to hit with the staff as he moves away.

Yup, that lighting from the sky attack... Looks cool but it's useless.

Can telegraph it from a mile away.

I did have trouble with the horizontal sword swipe that left poison or whatever on the ground though.

I think I'm finally up to the quarry... After beating my head against that wall at least 10 times... Seems like the next place I can go. I've thought that before... Twice.

I rolled credits on this over the weekend. There's two different ways to finish the game, one that involves beating the final boss and another that involves finding a particular set of secrets described in the manual. I tried the boss a handful of times and decided I wanted to keep exploring so I ended up finishing the game with the latter method.  Note: If you care about achievements, I would not do it this way. This may be spoilery so I'll explain why here:

Spoiler!
If you beat the boss first, you can continue from your last save and finish collecting what you need for the other ending. If you do it my way and find the secrets from the manual, you can no longer fight the final boss and have to restart a NG+ and play through again to get back to fight the final boss

Overall a great game, loved the exploration and that the game constantly rewards you for searching everywhere. The number of things this game hides in plain sight is quite staggering.

A lot of people will compare Tunic with Death's Door, for good reason. To me they are both very good, with Death's Door having a bit more intuitive combat and better music, so I think I like that one just a little bit more. But Tunic was still a lot of fun and I recommend anyone give it a try.

Last edited by kenjab - on 28 March 2022

Switch: SW-3707-5131-3911
XBox: Kenjabish

kenjab said:

I rolled credits on this over the weekend. There's two different ways to finish the game, one that involves beating the final boss and another that involves finding a particular set of secrets described in the manual. I tried the boss a handful of times and decided I wanted to keep exploring so I ended up finishing the game with the latter method.  Note: If you care about achievements, I would not do it this way. This may be spoilery so I'll explain why here:

Spoiler!
If you beat the boss first, you can continue from your last save and finish collecting what you need for the other ending. If you do it my way and find the secrets from the manual, you can no longer fight the final boss and have to restart a NG+ and play through again to get back to fight the final boss

Overall a great game, loved the exploration and that the game constantly rewards you for searching everywhere. The number of things this game hides in plain sight is quite staggering.

A lot of people will compare Tunic with Death's Door, for good reason. To me they are both very good, with Death's Door having a bit more intuitive combat and better music, so I think I like that one just a little bit more. But Tunic was still a lot of fun and I recommend anyone give it a try.

Just so you know, the way you beat the final boss is the actual true ending.