By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Middle school vs High school, which was more "edgelord"?

Teens and Preteens are both known for being moody, pretentious, and having raging hormones. But between Middle school (11 to 14) and High School (14 to 18), which age range would you consider the most "edgy". That is, the superficial version of "Edgy" where you reject anything fun in favor of trying to look as badass or "cool" as you can.

To me, Middle School was the epitome of "I'm 2 edgy 4 U" syndrome. Every middle schooler falls into one of two categories, either they follow the same stupid popular trends like sheep, or they get obsessed with niche or underground fandoms to try and prove how "unique" and "alternative" they are. High schoolers can be like this too, but I feel preteens tend to be more obnoxious about it.

Middle Schoolers are more likely to shun media, activities, and products they grew up with as kids in favor of gravitating towards what they perceive as "cool" or "adult". High Schoolers are more like young adults, in that, they couldn't care less about what other people think, and will partake in whatever activity or consume whatever media they find enjoyable. Teens in high school still will gravitate towards edgy or adult fare, but I feel high schoolers generally tend to be a bit more embracing of their childish tendencies than middle schoolers, who in comparison, seem to actively try to hide them at every turn. In other words, Middle schoolers will watch Squid Game and drink Monster while denying that they still kind-of secretly like Disney Channel shows and Capri-Sun. High Schoolers are more likely to enjoy both shamelessly.

I know High School is stereotyped as the cringey "it's not a phase mom" period. But HS for me at least, was a pretty chill, if also pretty boring and useless 4 years of my life. MS by contrast, was peak adolescent "try-hard"-ness.

Last edited by TheMisterManGuy - on 06 March 2022

Around the Network

From my personal experience? None really, never experienced it myself, nor with my social circle 

My HS was a prep HS. Middle School was all edge.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

College and the workplace. Childish and ass behaviors strike harder when adults act like that.

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

This thread

Around the Network
super_etecoon said:

This thread

You’re being meta-edgy 

snyps said:
super_etecoon said:

This thread

You’re being meta-edgy. Now Im part of the meta-edge-verse