By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - How do you rate the Xbox Series X so far?

Rate the Xbox Series X/S

5 Stars 22 48.89%

4 Stars 11 24.44%

3 Stars 5 11.11%

2 Stars 3 6.67%

1 Star 2 4.44%

0 Stars 2 4.44%

Total:45

I’d say a 4 out of 5, which is probably around the same rating I would have given Xbone after a year. I think Xbone had a better library of exclusives after a year, with multiple quality launch titles and of course, GOTG Titanfall.

The difference I see between the two consoles is that on Xbone, after that initial splurge, MS kind of fell flat software wise and were saved by third party. This time around though, there is GamePass, and MS has an army of great developers.

Around the Network

4.5 out of 5; I've own every Xbox consoles and only the OG Xbox did I not own at launch. Xbox Series X is by far the best offering from Microsoft ever.
The new console really improve on past consoles by offering the best quality of life experience; such as better load time, frame rate and features like quick resume.

The lack of games has really been address this generation with GamePass there always something new being added every month and you get access to 20 new games every year with the subscription. The hardware enhacement to older games really elevates game being played on series X; it really with delays cause to software product due to the pandemic. Older games feels like new and enhanced experience at no extra cost. 

I think that people outside the GamePass ecosystem just don't get it yet. Having to pay full retail price will prevent most of us from trying out new games outside of our confort level. Gamepass really give you the flexibility to try so many full retail games and the best place to enjoy consoles experience of Gamepass is on the Series X.

With Xbox One after the launch year the game development from Microsoft really started to look grim and people rightfully started questing Microsoft commitment to the console and gaming market. The best part of owning a Xbox Series X is seeing Microsoft double down on their commitment to consoles and gaming industry. The future of softwares for the console looks amazing. 

Last edited by yvanjean - on 25 February 2022

Farsala said:

Xbox Series X still hasn't given me a reason to buy it yet, so I give it a 0 out of 5.

I admit that you might not have a reason to buy the Series X especially if you have a PS5. But, to give anything 0 out 5 just shows that you don't have any kind of standard. Trashy comment like yours is why there so much toxicity on the internet. 

I'd give it a 3/5 at this time. It's a solid all-around console that will only pick up steam as time goes on. Once more games start releasing like Redfall, Starfield, Forza Motorsport, Avowed, Perfect Dark, Fable, Hellblade II, etc. and the games turn out to be really good to even amazing, it'll skyrocket to 5/5 easily.

My biggest takeaway for Series X at this point in its life is that there's so much to look forward to in the future for it, whereas we did not have much to look forward to in the same timespan of the Xbone generation.

Biggest thing Microsoft can do to get more sales of the console besides releasing the upcoming games, is to make more consoles lol. You can't find one anywhere! Plus, if/when the Activision Blizzard deal goes through, all their games added to Game Pass will give a really good bump in console sales as well! 

Its been my main console. I have PS5 for exclusives but the PS5 controller hurts my hands. SO anything on both i get for xbox sX. The smart delivery is nice too.

Around the Network

Oh come on, no system is a perfect 5 in its first 1.5 years. It's a 4 right now, Gamepass rocks, a few big 1st party games so far. If you skipped out on the Xbox One its even better since you have a bunch of games to catch up on .

I give it a 3/5.

Nothing caught my interest in the console so far, can't see any reason to buy it, the games aren't appealing to me.

But I guess it's a solid system.

Farsala said:

Xbox Series X still hasn't given me a reason to buy it yet, so I give it a 0 out of 5.

Would you like a pacifier? 

⚠️ WARNED: Flaming (needless reply here)

Last edited by CGI-Quality - on 25 February 2022

I guess a 2, maybe 3 out of 5 especially as a secondary console. maybe next year I change my mind starting with starfield.

yvanjean said:
Farsala said:

I admit that you might not have a reason to buy the Series X especially if you have a PS5. But, to give anything 0 out 5 just shows that you don't have any kind of standard. Trashy comment like yours is why there so much toxicity on the internet. 

Call it what you like. It is straight honesty. If I don't have it yet, then it doesn't have compelling software (exclusives) to get me to buy it.

And no I do not have a PS5, I give it a 0 out of 5 too.