By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

My prediction for Russia-Ukraine conflict: USA phases out support to Ukraine through 2025 and (maybe) 2026 regardless of who wins in November. Putin gets his territory, meanwhile Zelenski goes into hiding as a nationalist regime performs a military coup. Joe Biden gets his chocolate chocolate chip ice cream, and we are all reminded of the theatrical nature of US politics. We have absolutely no control and can only pray that those in power may have a change of heart.

Around the Network
firebush03 said:

My prediction for Russia-Ukraine conflict: USA phases out support to Ukraine through 2025 and (maybe) 2026 regardless of who wins in November. Putin gets his territory, meanwhile Zelenski goes into hiding as a nationalist regime performs a military coup. Joe Biden gets his chocolate chocolate chip ice cream, and we are all reminded of the theatrical nature of US politics. We have absolutely no control and can only pray that those in power may have a change of heart.

Lol. No.

Ryuu96 said:
firebush03 said:

Lol. No.

i will save this comment, Ryuu96, and if my two minute analysis ends up being correct, I will print your comment and frame it on my wall.

firebush03 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Lol. No.

i will save this comment, Ryuu96, and if my two minute analysis ends up being correct, I will print your comment and frame it on my wall.

Be a pretty weird thing to frame on your wall and brag about given the situation but you do you.

Ryuu96 said:
firebush03 said:

Be a pretty weird thing to frame on your wall and brag about given the situation but you do you.

(idk if i'd wanna actually frame it ngl...but i'll do something with it.)

Around the Network

Joint Communique

Ministers of Foreign Affairs and Senior Representatives of a group of countries from the Global South met on the margin of the general debate of the 79th session of the General Assembly, on 27 September 2024. Upon the conclusion of the meeting, Algeria, Bolivia, Brazil, China, Colombia, Egypt, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Mexico, South Africa, Türkiye, and Zambia issued the following joint communique:

7. We call on refraining from the use or the threat of weapons of mass destruction, particularly nuclear weapons and chemical and biological weapons. All efforts must be made to prevent nuclear proliferation and avoid a nuclear war. All parties must comply with relevant international laws and agreements and resolutely prevent man-made nuclear accidents.

Joint Communique_Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China

China is sick of Russia's nuclear threats too.

Said it before, Russia is all bark and no bite, they'll never use nuclear weapons, even Lukashenko knows that and even China of all countries would abandon Russia the moment they broke that taboo because China is evil, but they aren't ran by fucking morons. There's no going back for the world once the first nuke flies. Stop believing Russia's bullshit Jake Sullivan, Joe Biden and Olaf Scholz.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - 2 hours ago

How come this war has everyone so interested but the Isreal thread has no one posting aside from Svennoj. Why so popular over here compared to the far more destructive one in the middle East? Is Zelensky using his NATO money to buy you all off and keep the conversation going? How do I get in on this action.

~Thread Banned.

LegitHyperbole said:

How come this war has everyone so interested but the Isreal thread has no one posting aside from Svennoj. Why so popular over here compared to the far more destructive one in the middle East? Is Zelensky using his NATO money to buy you all off and keep the conversation going? How do I get in on this action.

~Thread Banned.

These are two horrific situations that need not be compared in weird ways such as this, stop bitching about why one thread is more active than the other and instead go and post in that other thread if it bothers you that much, as for why this one is more active, I don't know but I imagine it's partly because there's a lot of Europeans in this thread so it hits closer to home for them, especially with Russia's constant threats towards Europe and history of sabotage, poisonings, invasions, etc.

You seriously decided this would be an appropriate first comment in this thread? Maybe if there was more to base your history on I would have gone easier on your but what an utterly garbage start which will probably result in some users blasting you and you'd deserve it. There was no reason for you to be a sarky dick to the posters in this thread.

firebush03 said:

I could see this happening with the way things were going last year or early this year but Ukraine is on a roll and that means that they will get much more support.  It's like a snowball rolling down the hill that gets bigger and bigger.  

European countries are increasingly avoiding or halting arms purchases from Switzerland, chafing at restrictions linked to the country’s neutrality. A case involving Germany is stirring controversy in Switzerland.

However, Germany has now decided to exclude Swiss companies from certain military procurement contracts. As the French-language newspaper Le Temps first reported, a letter to that effect was received by the Federal Office for Defence Procurement, armasuisse. This has raised alarm among defence companies, with politicians from all parties expressing their anger at the German decision, which they claim does not respect the country’s neutrality and democratic process.

European Nations Snub Swiss-Made Weapons Over Ukraine Restrictions - SWI

"HOW DARE YOU NOT BUY OUR EQUIPMENT WE DON'T ALLOW YOU TO USE!"

I hope this is true, if you want to be neutral then fine, but you can't be neutral and then cry when nobody wants to buy your equipment anymore because it makes precisely zero fucking sense for any country to buy military equipment from a country which then blocks them from even using said military equipment, then what the fuck is the military equipment for?!

It'd be like buying a PC but the manufacturer doesn't let you turn it on and then the manufacturer throwing a tantrum when you say that you're no longer buying from them. Well no shit, you don't even allow me to use what I purchased. What happens if one of these countries is invaded? Switzerland screams "DON'T USE OUR EQUIPMENT WE SOLD TO YOU! WE'RE NEUTRAL!"

So it's just rotting there? Makes sense, what a wise investment /s.