By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Ryuu96 said:

The USA is weak and it won't get better. Their political outlook is either a continuation of cowardice or partnering up with fascism.

Actually, on second thought that's not correct when we factor in the Israel-Gaza conflict. The USA's political outlook is either a continuation of cowardice and partnering up with fascism OR partnering up with fascism.

Legend11 correctly predicted that GTA IV will outsell Super Smash Bros. Brawl. I was wrong.

Around the Network
Cobretti2 said:
Ryuu96 said:

Sounds like another excuse which will last about a year until Russia makes more progress and America finally says "actually, it's fine" Lol. I'm not saying they aren't vulnerable to jamming but if that is the case then you should be upgrading them otherwise they're just useless scrap-metal, the West is slacking on anti-jamming technology.

Yer this is bizarre. We have this drone but it sucks and is useless, so let's not use it, instead of let's fix it's vulnerabilities an make it useful. 

It also makes me wonder, if they don't have an urgency to fix the vulnerabilities, then what new tech do they have that replaces the MQ-9 we don't know about lol

Drones are moving to being run by AI instead of radio transmissions and a person controlling it. 

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 04 May 2024

😐

Cobretti2 said:

Yer this is bizarre. We have this drone but it sucks and is useless, so let's not use it, instead of let's fix it's vulnerabilities an make it useful. 

It also makes me wonder, if they don't have an urgency to fix the vulnerabilities, then what new tech do they have that replaces the MQ-9 we don't know about lol

The RQ-180 has replaced it, as far as intelligence gathering goes, as it is an unarmed, stealthy aircraft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Northrop_Grumman_RQ-180

Around the Network

🤦

Ryuu96 said:

Idiot.

I always wonder if that would even be an escalation or if the war would already have ended with Russia knowing that there is nothing to get in Ukraine. "We" always fear how Russia could go mad but in reality Russia would probably rather move backwards instead of throwing rockets on other countries as well because they know that they don't really have a chance and the only reason they still fight is because they only have Ukraine with a small amount of Western weapons to fight against.

It's also not an escalation when you only defend against an attacking enemy which is pretty much what the NATO troops in Ukraine would do. That doesn't even make sense. It's more an escalation when you let the enemy destroy even more cities with them slowly crawling forward from one to the next city until there is no city left or until Ukraine would give up.   

Last edited by crissindahouse - on 04 May 2024

crissindahouse said:
Ryuu96 said:

Idiot.

I always wonder if that would even be an escalation or if the war would already have ended with Russia knowing that there is nothing to get in Ukraine. "We" always fear how Russia could go mad but in reality Russia would probably rather move backwards instead of throwing rockets on other countries as well because they know that they don't really have a chance and the only reason they still fight is because they only have Ukraine with a small amount of Western weapons to fight against.

It's also not an escalation when you only defend against an attacking enemy which is pretty much what the NATO troops in Ukraine would do. That doesn't even make sense. It's more an escalation when you let the enemy destroy even more cities with them slowly crawling forward from one to the next city until there is no city left or until Ukraine would give up.   

I do think in hindsight that if we just put troops into Ukraine pre-invasion that Russia never would have invaded after seeing how many times Russia has backed down and not gone through with their threats to the West after we've broken redline #5000 and I'm not sure I would have said this at the start of the war but hindsight and all that...Not that it matters, politicians in the West are still terrified of doing things even way less of a bigger move than putting defensive formation troops into Ukraine or training troops into Ukraine.

Why are there so many dumb fucks like Cameron who don't understand strategic ambiguity as well.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 04 May 2024