By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Ryuu96 said:

The Us is always at war though. I guess technically not, but neither is Russia/ Ukraine in that case.

Around the Network

Regarding the above, its relatively rare in modern times for countries to declare war, with it only happening in a handful of instances.

Most use similar pretexts to what Russia has with Ukraine - although some involve a lot less farcical logic as they don’t typically involve a full-scale invasion of a sovereign state.

Ryuu96 said:

The West could still do a lot more as well Tbh.

Western MBTs took far too long to decide upon delivering and even after all of this time, the numbers being sent aren't yet enough. Additionally some countries have far fewer excuses to not take a hit in their MBT capacity than others, I'd argue only Eastern European countries should be afraid of that since most countries further West will fight any hypothetical wars with another superpower mainly via the air and seas.

Long-Range Missiles are taking too long, HIMARS was great but Russia has just moved their supply lines out of range, we have multiple missiles with the range to hit almost all Russian positions in Ukraine and devastate their logistical lines which would especially be important for any upcoming offensive but we're worried about Ukraine firing them into Russia...

Western Jets are taking far too long to decide upon as well and the decision should be to send them already. Let Ukraine enlist some of the former Western pilots who have already said they'd fight for Ukraine and begin the training for Ukrainian pilots now. All this time taken on deliberations means less Ukrainian pilots and tank crews available and rushed training because they don't have the time.

West should significantly increase artillery production as well, Russia is still out-shelling Ukraine and this grind-fest is just becoming an artillery battle.

I've just seen a video on Twitter of a Ukrainian POW being beheaded with a knife by some disgusting Russian Orcs (I'd recommend doing everything you can to avoid it) and some in the West are still worried about upsetting Putin even with them doing absolutely fuck all except bitch and cry about every "red line" we've crossed - Weapon supplies were a red line, missiles were a red line, tanks were a red line.

"Sometimes, a cornered rat is just a cornered rat."

Russia isn't a rat, it's a cockroach.

SecondWar said:

Regarding the above, its relatively rare in modern times for countries to declare war, with it only happening in a handful of instances.

Most use similar pretexts to what Russia has with Ukraine - although some involve a lot less farcical logic as they don’t typically involve a full-scale invasion of a sovereign state.

That is exactly my point, so south Korea is fine to send weapons to Ukraine since they aren't at war.

Ryuu96 said:

Good, Ukraine could really need the additional hardware.

Also, nice roundabout way of South Korea to support Ukraine.

Ryuu96 said:

Lol. Bakhmut really has slowed to a crawl.

Bakhmut is more and more becoming a fusion of Stalingrad and Verdun.

Is Lukashenko only fortifying the Ukrainian border or also those to the EU or Russia?

Around the Network
Farsala said:
SecondWar said:

That is exactly my point, so south Korea is fine to send weapons to Ukraine since they aren't at war.

Countries tend to regard where places are 'active conflict zones' with regard to sending weapons rather than basing it on states that have declared war. This would both prevent that loophole being abused as well as also precluding supplying weapons to insurgencies and counter-insurgencies, such as the current conflict in Ethiopia.

Bofferbrauer2 said:

Is Lukashenko only fortifying the Ukrainian border or also those to the EU or Russia?

Reportedly the EU one as well.

Russians are never satisfied with how much land they have, even though they have the biggest landmass in the world. They're like Nazi Germany but much older.

Russia's not just immoral, it's incompetent too.