By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 11 January 2023

Around the Network

Shoigu is fighting back against Prigozhin.

Prigozhin hates Gerassimov and pushed for Surovikin to take over.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 11 January 2023

First Western Tanks to Ukraine!

Now lets get those Leopards!

There's no way Leopards aren't sent now.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 14 January 2023

Around the Network

Was just going to post it but I'm too stupid to quote Tweets from my phone on VGC 😅

Looking at the situation around Bakhmut it's about damn time. Ukraine can't defend themselves forever with old Soviet tanks. They will obviously get all destroyed over time while Russia, even in an own bad situation, will always be able to send more and more maybe even more modern tanks anytime soon

crissindahouse said:

Was just going to post it but I'm too stupid to quote Tweets from my phone on VGC 😅

Looking at the situation around Bakhmut it's about damn time. Ukraine can't defend themselves forever with old Soviet tanks. They will obviously get all destroyed over time while Russia, even in an own bad situation, will always be able to send more and more maybe even more modern tanks anytime soon

Soledar is a lot worse right now, it is an absolute wasteland in some areas, Russia essentially completely flattened some parts of it with artillery. Ukraine is pretty effective at destroying Russian tanks because Russia doesn't know how to properly do a combined arms push, defend their tanks and Ukraine is choke full of anti-tank weapons.

I don't think Soledar will be able to be held but when I say that I mean for both sides, Ukraine will likely have to retreat because there's so few defensive positions left, Russia has just flattened everything, it has likely came at a great cost though, they've been throwing everything at it, I just saw a video of a group of Wagners HIMARS'd in Soledar and HIMARS is usually reserved for stationary targets.

“Russian information operations have over-exaggerated the importance of Soledar, which is at best a Russian pyrrhic tactical victory,” it said in a recent update. “[We] continue to assess that the capture of Soledar – a settlement smaller than 5.5 sq miles – will not enable Russian forces to exert control over critical Ukrainian ground lines of communication into Bakhmut nor better position Russian forces to encircle the city in the short term.”

Good news on Ukraine getting these MBTs though, they need them for combined arms offensives, a lot better than using outdated tanks or shitty vehicles, they need MBTs mixed with IFVs and ideally air support. Now hopefully onto ATACMS and Western Jets...Although I have big doubts they'll ever get Jets, I don't know why America is reluctant (still) to hand over ATACMS.

And about those Leopard 2 which Germany has to allow to be send: just yesterday our chancellor Olaf Scholz said that there are no formal requests to allow the export to Ukraine while Poland is like "we want to send them"

This is just so laughable

crissindahouse said:

And about those Leopard 2 which Germany has to allow to be send: just yesterday our chancellor Olaf Scholz said that there are no formal requests to allow the export to Ukraine while Poland is like "we want to send them"

This is just so laughable

They'll be sent, I don't see how he has a choice now, UK has broken the taboo of sending Western tanks but also don't underestimate how Europe loves competing with each other, I don't care the reasons but I wouldn't be shocked if UK partly sent tanks first to get one up on European allies, Lol. Now the pressure on Scholz will be too much to resist.

Annoying that it took this long though.

Hopefully a decent number for the first round, ideally America can replace a lot of Leopards with the thousands of Abrams that they have if a country wants those, Ukraine can get decent numbers as a result, hell, they've only asked for around 300 western tanks. Shame UK doesn't have many Challenger 2's.