By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - Russia and Ukraine flashpoint

Russia making UK look like the most powerful country on Earth!

I don't think they believe it either, I do think some Russians believe the other thing though that Russia is holding back, they aren't, this is their full strength outside of nukes, but Russia has been poisoned by extreme patriotism.

Around the Network

Ryuu96 said:

Wonder if this is for the Lame-Duck Session? Dems lost House so get this approved before Congress changes?

The Ukraine request is massive. An administration official told reporters that it is intended to last through the end of the next fiscal year. Congress has already approved over $60 billion in funding for Ukraine since the start of the war; a fact sheet released Tuesday said that about three-quarters of the funds already approved have been "disbursed or committed." Passing this level of assistance now will allow the White House to delay any fights over future Ukraine funding next year, at a time some Republicans have voiced objections to approving future assistance.

@EpicRandy 

Think you mentioned that Biden would do this.

Still, I don't think there's enough insane Republicans in House to block aid but it's smart either way in case there is.

Yep republican majority in the house is to slim to prevent any help for Ukraine and Senate remains in Democrats hands so the worst is avoided for Ukraine support. Yet they still might want to push a new package quickly before the new speaker of the house is chosen as McCarthy support for Ukraine is all but assured "After House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy suggested last week that Republicans might pull back funding for Ukraine next year if they take the majority"

Around the Network

Two explosions make me think it could be debris of a single shot-down missile instead of two strays (which would look somewhat awkward for Zelensky after his rallying claims), though the latter isn't unheard of. Multiple strays fell in Bulgaria during the Yugoslavian war, and we all know Russian hardware isn't exactly... precise.

haxxiy said:

Two explosions make me think it could be debris of a single shot-down missile instead of two strays (which would look somewhat awkward for Zelensky after his rallying claims), though the latter isn't unheard of. Multiple strays fell in Bulgaria during the Yugoslavian war, and we all know Russian hardware isn't exactly... precise.

Could be, yeah, Ukraine shooting down a Russian missile and it falling down into Poland.

But I still put the blame on Russia for that, they shouldn't be firing missiles at Ukraine in the first place, and I think it should still warrant a response from NATO to further increase military aid to Ukraine and get this done with ASAP because it could happen again.

Last edited by Ryuu96 - on 15 November 2022