By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Nintendo sends Gary Bowser behind bars (Hacker goes to jail for 3 years )

The dude was trying to profit off roms and got involved with NFT shit. Fuck him. So long Gary Bowser indeed.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Around the Network

After the 15mil dollar fine this seems like a bit much. Did the other members of that group get caught or is he the only one to get punished?

Obviously, being in the business of selling pirated ROMs is illegal and you're really treading in hot water if you're selling ROM's for active consoles, especially if the afflicted company is Nintendo. That said, I am not cheering on somebody's life being ruined or am willing to say that he deserves such harsh consequences. Prison time + certain bankruptcy from the civil suit pretty much guarantees that he will never come back from this. I mean, it's not like he killed somebody and probably didn't cause anywhere near 15 million in lost profits for Nintendo. I guess that I just feel pity for this guy.

Last edited by Illusion - on 15 February 2022

Illusion said:

Obviously, being in the business of selling pirated ROMs is illegal and you're really treading in hot water if you're selling ROM's for active consoles, especially if the afflicted company is Nintendo. That said, I am not cheering on somebody's life being ruined or am willing to say that he deserves such harsh consequences. Prison time + certain bankruptcy from the civil suit pretty much guarantees that he will never come back from this. I mean, it's not like he killed somebody and probably didn't cause anywhere near 15 million in lost profits for Nintendo. I guess that I just feel pity for this guy.

His roms bricked consoles and he pulled ransoms. If this was a case of someone freely distributing old ROMs or a flash cart for old discontinued consoles. Yeah, go for it. Going after Switch was dumb but holding people's consoles at ransom is what a total knuckle fuck would do.

Last edited by Leynos - on 15 February 2022

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Play with fire you get burned

Around the Network

Do the crime, do the time. Pretty simple.

What did he expect. Nintendo have the right to protect their properties, he should know how they treat YTers.

You’ll find him in cell level 8-4

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

With so many ways to make legit money in this world, it's always sad to see people give in to crime and then fall from grace. Hopefully jail will straighten the guy up and he can some how find a way to right a wrong.

I remember in college the entire campus wifi went down and apparently it was because the FBI shut it down while doing a raid on some dude who was bootlegging and selling, if memory serves me, thousands of movies. Maybe tens of thousands. It's been a decade or so, some of the details are a little fuzzy now. But goodness it was the talk of campus. For context that was a university of 10-20,000 students at the time.