By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Your most wanted Mario Kart retro Tracks.

Which Mario Kart has the best original tracks.

Super MK 0 0%

MK 64 8 36.36%

MK Super Circuit 1 4.55%

MK Double Dash 3 13.64%

MK DS 0 0%

MK Wii 6 27.27%

MK 7 1 4.55%

MK 8 3 13.64%

Total:22
Mar1217 said:

People talk sh*t about Super Circuit and Super Mario Kart but they legit have the best potential when it comes to upgraded tracks. Sky Garden, Ribbon Road all got major visual and gameplay upgrade from their original's. I want them to surprise us with some good changes like that.

You're not wrong, that's for sure. We just lack imagination :D

I actually played Super Mario Kart more than any SNES game, and even after Mario Kart 64 blew up and kind of usurped its position as THE Mario Kart game, I still played the SNES version.

But yeah, the most long standing "definitive Mario Kart" games are probably Mario Kart 64 (1997 to 2008), Mario Kart Wii (from 2008 to 2017), and Mario Kart 8 - which will eventually surpass the original Mario Kart (1993 to 1997). So there's going to be a lot of nostalgia bias toward those games. I'm actually a little surprised MK8 is so low - but maybe most of us are older gamers now.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 10 February 2022

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network
Leynos said:

I want to drive up to the castle again in Royal Raceway. N64 Bowser's castle I want to be remade with MK8 visuals.

In Mario Circuit 3DS you can Drive through Peach's castle up the spiral staircase.

I have added this list of Possible DLC tracks to the OP.

Last edited by ShadowLink93 - on 12 February 2022

Mar1217 said:

People talk sh*t about Super Circuit and Super Mario Kart but they legit have the best potential when it comes to upgraded tracks. Sky Garden, Ribbon Road all got major visual and gameplay upgrade from their original's. I want them to surprise us with some good changes like that.

In their current state the best tracks are mainly from DS and Wii, the SMK and SC tracks are lacking in quality. However you are right that SMK and SC have the most room for improvement, Ribbon Road and Cheese land proved this with their incredible MK8 versions. IMO Ribbon Road is one of the best tracks in the entire game, definately top 5.

Last edited by ShadowLink93 - on 12 February 2022

ShadowLink93 said:
Leynos said:

I want to drive up to the castle again in Royal Raceway. N64 Bowser's castle I want to be remade with MK8 visuals.

In Mario Circuit 3DS you can Drive through Peach's castle up the spiral staircase.

3DS is too new for me to have Nostalgia. When MK started doing the classic tracks I just wanted Royal Raceway remade but was peeved they removed the ability to drive up to the door.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!