By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
Onyxmeth said:
quarashi said:
Onyxmeth said:
quarashi said:
Whats wrong with the NFC south?!? They should be able to get some love too. Even though they only have 1 superbowl win, they still were the only NFC team to win one in like half a decade up until last year.

You do realize this did not make your NFC South case any better right? I don't even think they would stat that in the NFL and they stat just about everything.

I never said it did, just thought I would point out how weak the NFC has been the past few years. 

If you want a crazy stat I can give you one, since the new divisions were made back in 2002 a NFC South team played in the NFC championship every year except for last year.

You see now that's a much better stat, and something I can work with. Still it's good the NFC South gets no credit. My New York Football Giants played their best when everyone put the Rodney Dangerfield on them.

I see your point there, thats why I'm pissed the Panthers are #3 in ESPN's power rankings, because really the only place they can go is down.  We both are in the same bag right now, having 2 of the best squads in the NFC, can't just come out of no where this year.  I really like the whole underdog thing, I'm not use to not being in that predicament haha.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.

Around the Network

How can the Panthers be number 3 when they lost by 873 points to the Bucs? That makes no sense.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
How can the Panthers be number 3 when they lost by 873 points to the Bucs? That makes no sense.

The Powerrankings change weekly based on weekly performance. The Bucs were #6 and the Panthers were #7 after the week where the Bucs thrashed Carolina. Now it's a week later and Carolina took care of Arizona while the Bucs lost to a severely depleted Cowboys team, so now the Bucs dropped to #9 and Carolina has risen to #3.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

^^ ^^

I understand. I'm just being a smart ass and explaining why I don't like the Powerrankings. It's just another useless thing that ESPN has come up with.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

amp316 said:
^^ ^^

I understand. I'm just being a smart ass and explaining why I don't like the Powerrankings. It's just another useless thing that ESPN has come up with.

I agree it's useless. Giants should be #1 obviously.

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

Around the Network

Vikings anyone?

Sephiroth357 said:
Vikings anyone?

Not living up to their expectations? Yup. How much extra spending did they do for this awesome .500 record again?

Onyxmeth said:
Sephiroth357 said:
Vikings anyone?

Not living up to their expectations? Yup. How much extra spending did they do for this awesome .500 record again?

Thats the Minnesota Timberwolves. They[wolves] lost today. Just over 30 million...

Sephiroth357 said:
Onyxmeth said:
Sephiroth357 said:
Vikings anyone?

Thats the Minnesota Timberwolves. They[wolves] lost today. Just over 30 million...

Well then I guess it's been a big year of spending for Minnesota in general, because here...

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/2008-07-28-3616719893_x.htm

Just remember they're only trending one game above where they were last year at this time, when they finished 8-8. Being 4-4 at the moment isn't showing me they have a good chance at bettering that record. They happen to be in a division that isn't particularly strong, but honestly the Bears are better in just about every way and have the record to back it up. They have a one game lead and a perfect divisional record. It's doubtful the Vikings are strong enough to gather a wildcard, so it's division or bust.

The only thing I will give the Vikings is mastery of special teams and an uncanny knack for stripping the ball on defense.

I just realized that TJ Houshmandzadeh guaranteed the Bengals a win this week, and they got one.

Hi, this is Vince with Shamwow.