By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Has Microsoft gotten rid of the Rrod?

This has become something of a hot-button issue on VGC over the course of the the last few weeks. I am yet to hear of a single case of Rrod on an Xbox 360 manufactured after October 2007. We still hear about old Xbox 360's crapping out in the middle of people playing some of the best games produced this generation, but a quick check always reveals that they have had their console for some time.

I am interested to know if anyone here has an Xbox 360 that was manufactured in the last six months and has Rrod'd. And don't tell me that we need to wait a full year for the last 6 months of consoles to break, because a year ago we had plenty of consoles that broke weeks after selling.

Only post if you, or someone you witnessed with your own eyes, received the Rrod. Though we obviously cannot police it, be aware of how incredibly sad it would be for anyone to lie and pretend to have an Rrod that doesn't exist.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network

..........................................................................No one? Alright, no more RRODs!

Moneybags said:
..........................................................................No one? Alright, no more RRODs!
Confirmed.

hey starcraft would you recommend that I get used 360 now? Or should I wait a while longer? (for once im being serious)

Moneybags said:
hey starcraft would you recommend that I get used 360 now? Or should I wait a while longer? (for once im being serious)

I wouldn't recommend a used 360 now.  If you wait six months you could pick up a used Falcon manufactured after October 2007.  Of course if you can find a recently manufactured one on sale now, GO FOR IT!!!!

Make sure you get the receipt off whoever you purchase it from. 

Around the Network

I'm still on my launch 360, guess I'm lucky.

I've still got /a/ launch 360 running.

The other two died and have been x-clamped. (neither newer than Oct07)

I've had 3 RRoD

But it hasn't happened in four months or so, so *crosses fingers*

When MS gets rid of the RRoD (which I believe will never happen, as it is a design problem), they will make a press release, you can be sure of that.
So, yes, RRoD is still there.
There would be no point in offering a 3 year return policy specifically for RRoD and allocating a billion $ to it if they planned on correcting this design flaw.

Microsoft have reduced RROD from 33% failure rate down to reportedly 10% failure rate with new falcon chip model XBox 360's manufactured post October 2007.