By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What would you want Sony to trade for CoD on PlayStation?

I guess it's a bit of a hard question to answer.

If I am a Sony fan, I'd want them to trade nothing to keep cod.
If I am an Xbox fan, I'd want them to trade everything to keep cod.
If I am a PC/Nintendo fan, I couldn't care less.

Personally, I'd want Sony leaders to trade their secret hentai collection.
Realistically, I think they traded money.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network

I would like for all Sony and Microsoft exclusives to be on the same system, so I only have to buy one. That being said, I don't really care for COD.

Nothing. CoD isn't that great.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

A statement like that from Phil Spencer, it could mean something or it could really mean nothing. However, if he is playing nice with the execs at Sony, it is because he wants Gamepass on Playstation. One possible deal they could make is to keep Gamepass off of Nintendo systems in exchange for putting it on Playstation. That would at least give Sony something, but you have to realize Microsoft has the upper hand in negotiating right now.

Last edited by The_Liquid_Laser - on 20 January 2022

Maybe Sony is paying for the development of future CoD titles, and a little bonus. Sony already pays almost as much for the marketing deal.

In exchange CoD continues to release on PS, but MS gets the marketing deal now.

Around the Network

They offered him the Honjo Masamune

Give them spiderman. That should be more than enough

MLB The Show

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

I really don't think Microsoft has Sony in their crosshair...for me it seems like Sony is collateral damage at this point.

Based on what Phil is saying - it doesn't seem to make sense at this point to take COD from Sony (it may never). If Sony continues to have a market dominant/relevant console.

Might as well use this time to get something from Sony - whether it be gamepass on PS or money, etc. Limiting COD to Xbox and PC is going to be a big blow to the game and may jeopardize its success. Its perhaps a couple years to early for that.

Edit: I still believe though that eventually the majority of COD players would migrate if they were forced. But that will not happen instantly - and COD relies heavily on regular battle pass purchases by a massive active playerbase.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

I do not believe COD will stay on Playstation regardless of what Phil says. It's too big a fish not to haul in. I don't think they'll do it right way, and obviously they're trying super hard not anger Sony's fanbase, but I believe it's inevitable that it becomes an Xbox exclusive. I also think, in the mean time, the day-one Gamepass thing is going to syphon a lot of COD gamers away from Playstation. Not a huge amount, but way more than you'd expect. Because let's face it: when you can pay 1 dollar for a month trial, or 3 dollars for three months, (pretty much all new subscribers get one of the two), that's a huge deal and a lot of gamers are going to be like... three dollars? or sixty dollars plus DLC? And they're going to go the three dollar rout.