By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony to launch PSP with rebranding of PSN + (PS CLOUD) : PREDICTION

 

Will Sony relaunch psCloud with PSP?!

Yes this makes great sense 2 8.33%
 
Girl what are you smoking 10 41.67%
 
Maybe 3 12.50%
 
No 9 37.50%
 
Total:24
zero129 said:

With Sony exclusives coming to PC i guess you could call the SteamDeck the new PSP . Also can be called the Xbox Portable and Switch Pro xD .

Not really a Switch Pro, since I doubt emulation will make games look significantly better on the Steam Deck than on Switch. But it's definitely the closest thing we are getting to a modern PSP or Xbox Portable. Though I do hope Sony tries their hand at a PSP again. I loved the PSP, and the Vita was a nice piece of hardware (with a good launch window library...just died a bit early). 



Around the Network
Doctor_MG said:
zero129 said:

With Sony exclusives coming to PC i guess you could call the SteamDeck the new PSP . Also can be called the Xbox Portable and Switch Pro xD .

Not really a Switch Pro, since I doubt emulation will make games look significantly better on the Steam Deck than on Switch. But it's definitely the closest thing we are getting to a modern PSP or Xbox Portable. Though I do hope Sony tries their hand at a PSP again. I loved the PSP, and the Vita was a nice piece of hardware (with a good launch window library...just died a bit early). 

Imo the Vita was ahead of its time. And i honestly think Steamdeck is powerful enough to play Switch games at at least 1.5-2x res (Depending on the game)



zero129 said:

Imo the Vita was ahead of its time. And i honestly think Steamdeck is powerful enough to play Switch games at at least 1.5-2x res (Depending on the game)

From what I've seen, games like BotW need at least a RTX 2060 for 1080p, and even then there are drops on the GPU side of things. Some games, like Mario Odyssey, still suffer drops on a GTX 1080 at 1080p. 

So I don't agree. Maybe when the emulator has better optimizations, but when the Steam Deck launches it won't be performing too well on the Switch emulator side of things. There is just too much headroom. While the Steam Deck has great specs for what it is, it's not at the level of mid-level PC's. 



Highly doubtful.



Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Doctor_MG said:
zero129 said:

Imo the Vita was ahead of its time. And i honestly think Steamdeck is powerful enough to play Switch games at at least 1.5-2x res (Depending on the game)

From what I've seen, games like BotW need at least a RTX 2060 for 1080p, and even then there are drops on the GPU side of things. Some games, like Mario Odyssey, still suffer drops on a GTX 1080 at 1080p. 

So I don't agree. Maybe when the emulator has better optimizations, but when the Steam Deck launches it won't be performing too well on the Switch emulator side of things. There is just too much headroom. While the Steam Deck has great specs for what it is, it's not at the level of mid-level PC's. 

Trust me, as a person who is big into emulation on this site. That isnt the case or your looking at old videos. Yuzu has come on in a big way and emulation is more CPU bound then GPU bound and the CPU in steamdeck is more then good for emulation using Yuzu.



Around the Network

"I'm going to buy this more expensive handheld to steal games from this cheaper handheld"



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

"I'm going to buy this more expensive handheld to steal games from this cheaper handheld"

I dont think anyone in this understands what your trying to say...



Play Switch games on a Switch Don't steal them. Pretty simple. I won't even entertain another defender of using ROMs to play modern games not paid for.



Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

Play Switch games on a Switch Don't steal them. Pretty simple. I won't even entertain another defender of using ROMs to play modern games not paid for.

Oh so thats what this is about. And what about all the people who own a Switch and might want to play them in higher quality?.

So many people wants a Switch Pro well now they have one with the benefit of also being a Xbox Portable and PSP Next too.

And emulation has done great things for the industry as so many games would be lost to time and gone missing if it wasnt for emulation, even Nintendo has been using emulation for their older games. Im sorry your so narrow sighted you cant see this.



zero129 said:
Leynos said:

Play Switch games on a Switch Don't steal them. Pretty simple. I won't even entertain another defender of using ROMs to play modern games not paid for.

Oh so thats what this is about. And what about all the people who own a Switch and might want to play them in higher quality?.

So many people wants a Switch Pro well now they have one with the benefit of also being a Xbox Portable and PSP Next too.

And emulation has done great things for the industry as so many games would be lost to time and gone missing if it wasnt for emulation, even Nintendo has been using emulation for their older games. Im sorry your so narrow sighted you cant see this.

He said modern games. I don't see where he objected against emulation as a whole. Emulating Switch games is theft if you haven't bought them already. They aren't legacy products that are in danger of getting lost to time, they're new.