By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Kirby and the Forgotten Land Gets a New Trailer and Will Release on March 25, 2022

Tagged games:

CaptainExplosion said:

Who else besides me is expecting one of the cute characters to turn out to be evil or turn into something horrific like in previous Kirby games?

The tradition shall continue.

Around the Network

Looks kind of fun actually.

3D Kirby is one of those thing I never knew I wanted until I saw it. I guess I got so used to the series being in 2D even several generations after gaming went primarily 3D, that I assumed it was just part of its DNA and never considered we might get something like this.

I don't mean to diminish 2D gaming; some of my favourite games of all time are 2D, but Forgotten Land gives me that same sense of excitement I got as a kid when I saw Mario, Zelda, or Metroid make the jump to full 3D, and it's been such a long, long time since I've experienced that feeling.

Just played Kirby's Blowout Blast. It's kinda basic but fun. It is a 3D Kirby game before this upcoming one, but it's not really a platformer.

I love the colour palette they've gone with, it's just so vibrant and lush, fittingly like a particularly vivid dream. It's no 4K technical showpiece but it's just so pleasing to look at, like the visual equivalent of a delicious cake.

It's awesome how Nintendo's cartoon mascot platformers all have a very distinct aesthetic all their own; Mario looks quite unlike Kirby which looks quite unlike Donkey Kong which again looks unlike Yoshi.

If the series is anything to go by, the audio and gameplay will merge with the look to create a cohesive and delightful experience.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 19 January 2022

Around the Network

Yes, I bet this game is going to be a showpiece for the OLED Switch.

CaptainExplosion said:

Is this game gonna be fully open or will it be level-based like other Kirby games?

The trailer shows it all.

There's a hub, a level select that you get in by climbing on Kirby's star and then he flies to the levels. The levels are clearly linear.