By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Switch graphics, end of 2021 edition

Now we're at the end of the Switch's 5th calendar year, with several potential new contenders having released this year, what do you think are the best looking game(s) on Switch to date, and why?

Last edited by curl-6 - on 25 December 2021

Around the Network

Still overall Luigi's Mansion 3 but in certain places Bowser's Fury looked spectacular.

Last edited by ShadowLink93 - on 25 December 2021

Just talking about graphics and exclusives or primarily Switch developed games:

1. Luigi's Mansion 3
2. Super Mario Odyssey
3. Monster Hunter Rise
4. Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
5. Animal Crossing: New Horizons
6. Astral Chain
7. New Pokémon Snap
8. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
9. Metroid Dread
10. Splatoon 2

Taking artstyle into account and still only exclusives or games primarily developed for the Switch:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
2. Metroid Dread
3. Luigi's Mansion 3
4. Astral Chain
5. The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
6. Monster Hunter Rise
7. Super Mario Odyssey
8. Xenoblade Chronicles 2
9. Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition
10. New Pokémon Snap

I'd say Ori and the Will of the Wisps or Luigi's Mansion 3.

Monster Hunter Rise for me.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Around the Network

Monster Hunter Rise is the new king.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

For me, the top tier still belongs to Ori and the Will of the Wisps, Trine 4, and Luigi's Mansion 3.

This year's noteworthy additions are Mario Party Superstars for its smooth, pristine and vibrant look, and Crysis 2/3 Remastered for taking two of the most technically advanced games of the 7th gen and significantly enhancing them with higher settings and new effects.

Other honourable mentions go to Mario Odyssey, FAST RMX, Yoshi's Crafted World, Alien Isolation, Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, Outlast II, and The Vanishing of Ethan Carter.

Luigi's Mansion 3, Zelda BOTW, Zelda Link's Awakening, Astral Chain, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury, Dragon Quest XI S, Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Monster Hunter Rise, Animal Crossing, Dragon Ball FighterZ, Doom, Doom Eternal, Crysis Trilogy, Outlast 1 & 2, Alien Isolation, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice, Ori and the Will of the Wisps and The Witcher 3.

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)

Luigi's Mansion 3 is absolutely still the most stunning game on the Switch for me, it's legitimately jaw-drop gorgeous. Can't say the same about really any other game on the Switch, but there are a few others that particularly stand out like Yoshi's Crafted World, Monster Hunter Rise, Link's Awakening remake, Paper Mario: The Origami King, and ACNH.

Also, big shoutout to Splatoon 2 for somehow looking even better in handheld mode than it does in TV mode. That game just looks incredible on the handheld screen, and I'd bet it's even better on the OLED.