By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Gamepass on my phone, through cloud

I got gamepass streaming on my phone through cloud, works great. Was trying out forza horizon 5 and halo and barely any lag, though on pc It lags definitely. Still I can't see myself gaming on my 4.5 inch for long. Does anyone know if I can mirror the screen from my phone to the tv with chromecast? Or do I need a hdmi adaptor from my phone to the tv?

Around the Network

I suppose the best option would be through HDMI because that would, in theory, have lower latency between the phone and the tv. Since you already have some latency from cloud gaming, adding more latency with cromecast would be detrimental to the experience I suppose.

Pretty sure any casting to the tv is going to have lag. I do it to my tv from my laptop via wireless monitor mode (I have a newer gaming laptop and a 4k QLED Samsung) and there is always enough delay that I can't enjoy it. Plus the random disconnects.

Don't know why you'd have lag on PC but not on your phone. Is your PC connected via 5ghz wifi? or Ethernet? 2.4ghz wifi isn't going to cut it.

Your best bet for playing on TV is using a device designed for TV, maybe if your phone supports hdmi adapters it would work (most phones can't do this). Wireless casting your phone to TV is going to cause a lot of lag.

If you can't get your PC to work then you'd probably be best off getting another device such as a 2nd hand xbox one, an nvidia shield, “Chromecast with Google TV" or something. But really whatever the problem is with your PC should be fixable.

Zippy6 said:

Don't know why you'd have lag on PC but not on your phone. Is your PC connected via 5ghz wifi? or Ethernet? 2.4ghz wifi isn't going to cut it.

Your best bet for playing on TV is using a device designed for TV, maybe if your phone supports hdmi adapters it would work (most phones can't do this). Wireless casting your phone to TV is going to cause a lot of lag.

If you can't get your PC to work then you'd probably be best off getting another device such as a 2nd hand xbox one, an nvidia shield, “Chromecast with Google TV" or something. But really whatever the problem is with your PC should be fixable.

i don't know why, considering my pc is wired ethernet. even the wifi which is slower performs better on my phone. 

Around the Network
Zippy6 said:

Thats not a lie.I dont know why if its my modem or what but gamepass sometimes lags a lot worse on my PC also then on my phone.

I think it would be a fun novelty for some slower paced gaming but for anything that requires precision, I think it would be a horrible experience.

Wherever I cast, there's about a second of delay. And there's always a loss in sharpness blowing an image up from 6-7 inches to 50+ inches.

KratosLives said:

I got gamepass streaming on my phone through cloud, works great. Was trying out forza horizon 5 and halo and barely any lag, though on pc It lags definitely. Still I can't see myself gaming on my 4.5 inch for long. Does anyone know if I can mirror the screen from my phone to the tv with chromecast? Or do I need a hdmi adaptor from my phone to the tv?

Phones offer way more faster and stable net. Especially if you are running 5G.

Maybe I should get 5G for home internet, my cable internet is getting worse by the week. However atm it seems PSN is the culprit, can't sign in, getting disconnected again. Holiday season is coming, PSN runs on Turkey wheels and all the Turkeys got eaten for Thanksgiving.

It seems to be the verification server that is down. Signing in the console works, on PC it hangs on the verification "Pick the rabbit" nonsense. Maybe that's running on the amazon servers which are having issues atm. So annoying all this stupid captcha stuff.
https://downdetector.ca/status/aws-amazon-web-services/

Last edited by SvennoJ - on 07 December 2021