By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Mario Rabbids: The one Nintendo game that does the price drop thing

Tagged games:

So I was thinking about this the other day while at a Black Friday sale. 

The whole 'Nintendo games should price drop more' argument is eternal in how much it does or does not cause problems, and with the Ubisoft managed Mario Rabbids we finally have a measure of the sales potential. Hmmm...

https://www.theouterhaven.net/2021/06/mario-rabbids-kingdom-battle-sold-7-5-million-copies/

7.5 million players as it was said earlier this year, which is different from sales. Which makes it a bit.....tricky to really read. I mean, might even be 4 million new and 3.5 million used copies. 

Probably not, but wonder what this proves or not. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_Nintendo_Switch_video_games

Mario Rabbids, if all those 7.5 were new, would match what MHR and Mario + Bowser have done in a year and is somewhat close to Luigi's Mansion in and around 9-10 millions and in the ballpark of Mario Maker 2. Of course....well I guess the question is 'how much would this game have sold at 60 USD constantly' is a bit hard to figure out.

The Democratic Nintendo fan....is that a paradox? I'm fond of one of the more conservative companies in the industry, but I vote Liberally and view myself that way 90% of the time?

Around the Network

is a Ubisoft game, so the price will drop sometimes

Click HERE and be happy 

I got the game on sale and got the ultimate one with all everything in it for 12nzd

It's a 3rd party game, and especially an Ubisoft game, which are usually on sales pretty much every time

It's an Ubisoft game sharing a Nintendo IP, that's the only reason its price went down. I struggle to remember when was the last time I saw a Nintendo game dropping its price, maybe Codename S.T.E.A.M.?

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Controversial Opinion: Decide how much to charge your customers, and stick to that price. It's not particularly fair to your fans if they go back into the shops a month later and see the same game for half the price.

It's almost as annoying as those devs who say "it's ok to pirate our game, it's all advertising". Then give me my money back if it's ok for me to get the game for free!

OneTime said:

Controversial Opinion: Decide how much to charge your customers, and stick to that price. It's not particularly fair to your fans if they go back into the shops a month later and see the same game for half the price.

It's almost as annoying as those devs who say "it's ok to pirate our game, it's all advertising". Then give me my money back if it's ok for me to get the game for free!

Great thing nobody but Nintendo thinks like you, gaming wouldn't be anywhere as popular and accessible as today if everything kept launch price forever

OneTime said:

I was so annoyed last year when I got Immortals week 1, only for it to go on sale for 29.99 literally 2 or 3 weeks later. Made me promise myself to never buy Ubisoft games at launch again.

1doesnotsimply