By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What are your worst multiplayer moments?

Played GTA Online once, back in 2014, I saw random people running everywhere with children insulting everybody, a buggy mess

Around the Network

So many in Rocket League. The other day I uninstalled because I got 3 teammates in a row who couldn't hit easy balls, in PLATINUM 3 rank, while the opponents of course were air dribbling from walls xD It is mental torture, DIGITAL HELL.

Apart from that I have one memorable moment when I had started playing The Last of Us Survivors mode and I thought it would be a good strategy to follow the more experienced players and learn from them but one of them turned his mic on and yelled [MY NAME] STOP FOLLOWING ME YOU DUMB *UCK.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

I used to play Eve Online and fight in the big fleets, huge alliances. Thousands were on comms at the same time, listening to one Fleet Commander. If that FC was a pleasant person, good for you, but sometimes you'd get one who would be cursing people out left and right because they didn't do something exactly correctly. The thing about Eve, especially in the old days before time bubbles, is that it doesn't matter if you are running the best rig in the galaxy, you are going to lag when there are literally 5,000+ players fighting in the same battle. And by lag, I mean 1 frame per maybe 1 minute. By the time you came out of the bubble (after enough people died and were podded) you, yourself, would have been podded back to base. I mean, you people that love FPS in games would DIE fighting in a big battle in 2012 in Eve lol.

Nowadays they have these time bubbles, so the game adjusts gameplay speed based on how many are near each other. So instead of game lag, everyone's ships move at a ridiculously slow speed. You can still see what's going on, including the firing of weapons, and watch them hit their target minutes later lol. Some of my favorite and least favorite gaming memories are in Eve Online.

JackHandy said:

I just had one, literally last night while playing Halo Infinite. I've been playing online games since 2000, and this was by far my worst moment. I was camping around a corner--crouching of course so I was off radar--because I knew someone was coming. I waited, waited, waited, the person ran out as expected and then... I started shooting air like a moron. The guy casually jumped, turned around, meleed me twice and killed me without so much as taking a single bullet--and this after me playing the franchise since 2001. I don't know how it happened, either. I just had a brain fart to end all brain farts, I guess. It was so utterly pathetic that all I could do was laugh.

My runner up to that?

Thinking--back when voice chat first started on XBL--that turning my mic on and saying hello to everyone was going to net me friends.

It didn't.

It just got me banned, and called a homosexual slur.

I learned my lesson.

You got banned for saying hello?

The first (and only) time I played Call of Duty Black Ops with my coworkers. I don't think I got a single kill. Even when I was shooting somebody, one of them would swoop in and get the kill. I think I was almost all of the deaths in the game, too. The other team was DESTROYING me.

Eventually, one of my teammates said "If you paid money for this game, please get a refund." and everyone laughed. I said "I'm logging off and going back to playing Mario."

Around the Network

I never play with voice chat on.
My worst online experiences are stuff like in Splatoon 2 when everyone in my team is completely incompetent and just won't do what they're supposed to do while the other team are all pros. Add someone going afk and standing still and you have the most frustrating experience possible. I'm trying to get to S-rank in all modes and people like this just ruin it. Similar stuff in Rocket League.

I also used to play Uno online on Xbox 360. Everyone had the Live Vision Camera and it was always a great time with laughing, flirting, etc. One time I joined a group where everyone else seemed to know each other. I made some innocent comment and the whole group of seemingly upper class people of a different race than myself all started attacking me. The first guy was like "Who gave you permission to say my name" and it just went on from there. I stayed until the end of the game. I actually even won--but I felt like shit afterwards.

Worst online stuff I've seen are when I'm playing games like HotS or when I used to play RTS games online.

In HotS, I always hated how players on the enemy team would always, and I mean always target the squishy player on our team every time, throughout the entire match and just taunting whenever they could. It was both annoying and very "cheese" like (as in a simple but effective strat that everyone goes for).

RTS games when I went against some randos that would ally up and just spam build a single OP unit and just steamroll, or matches like Starcraft 1-2, where you'd get bumrushed every fucking 5 minutes, because some tossers on the net love having their RTS matches last less than 5 mins (I actually consider those types to having brain damage).

These days my worst moments are in the co-op mode on HotS, because devs at Blizz decided they didn't want to make smart enemy Ai, but instead make Ai that both trolls you and always get an easy get out of fucking jail card, any time you come close to killing them (for real, close to killing tracer?, well she's gonna get a faster cooldown to zip outta dodge and everyone on our team gets magically slowed down for nearly 4 godamn seconds, no matter where we are on the map).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

There was this time when I was trying to get the 10 wins in a row achievement in one of the versions of Street Fighter IV and every time I would get close, I'd encounter a series of gamers who would quit before I got the win. And then I'd lose to some god tier player and have to start over again. But it was a fun little challenge.

m0ney said:

So many in Rocket League. The other day I uninstalled because I got 3 teammates in a row who couldn't hit easy balls, in PLATINUM 3 rank, while the opponents of course were air dribbling from walls xD It is mental torture, DIGITAL HELL.

Apart from that I have one memorable moment when I had started playing The Last of Us Survivors mode and I thought it would be a good strategy to follow the more experienced players and learn from them but one of them turned his mic on and yelled [MY NAME] STOP FOLLOWING ME YOU DUMB *UCK.

Haha, I played Tlou online once as well or maybe it was Uncharted 3. I don't have a mic, but I can still hear you talking about the **** loser noob messing up your game. So that was once and done.