By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The Game Awards Thread (2021)

What excites you most about TGA?

The winners 0 0%

The tears of the losers 1 7.69%

Geoff getting visibly frustrated 0 0%

Game Announcements 7 53.85%

The guy who voices "world premiere" 2 15.38%

When the credits role 0 0%

Revealing viewership from last year to brag 0 0%

Josef fares... Anything to do with the man 2 15.38%

Live Music 0 0%

A rumored game once again not bring announced 1 7.69%

Total:13
mZuzek said:
Dulfite said:

Oh I knew about those games, I just wanted to know which game you were referring to. I tried GoTG, but as I said before I can't start over on that story after watching so many movies/shows in the same continuity. Unless something comes out and it's within the MCU, I'm not interested. Too much to start over for me mentally and emotionally. It's why I don't watch the Sony movies either.

That's too bad. For me the characters and world feel different enough to separate them from the MCU, but I can see where you're coming from.

I've been watching them since they came out. I just can't start over. I'm sure I'm not alone in that. But then, they are probably also getting sales from people simply because it's a Marvel game, so hopefully it balances out.

Around the Network

I mainly watch the game awards for the game announcements. Mainly the Nintendo announcements, which I hope there are plenty in store for this years. But the awards on the game awards often time don't feel that big or grand. I just don't get that excited about the industry giving itself awards and spreading those awards out in a manner to acknowledge stuff and such, even if another title should have gotten that category.

The presentation though is normally entertaining, other than Geoff massive boner for Kojima, its almost creepy. But he puts on a decent show on a budget, only gripe is that he often makes the show go on for a little to long. Some years he has been great with the musical performances, then other years its was more like yikes. I get the feeling the same company doesn't produce these each year resulting in vastly different presentations with different strong suits.

As I always do, I will watch this and hope that it is good. Geoff has grown a large audience for these shows now, which will likely only be larger this year. I would think we would get even better announcements and content this year considering how many people will be watching.

Check out my lastest games review: Fast RMX and  Snipperclips: Cut it out Together

I will be here for the winter E3 and the awards are like the commercials.

tagging in:

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

cycycychris said:

I mainly watch the game awards for the game announcements. Mainly the Nintendo announcements, which I hope there are plenty in store for this years. But the awards on the game awards often time don't feel that big or grand. I just don't get that excited about the industry giving itself awards and spreading those awards out in a manner to acknowledge stuff and such, even if another title should have gotten that category.

The presentation though is normally entertaining, other than Geoff massive boner for Kojima, its almost creepy. But he puts on a decent show on a budget, only gripe is that he often makes the show go on for a little to long. Some years he has been great with the musical performances, then other years its was more like yikes. I get the feeling the same company doesn't produce these each year resulting in vastly different presentations with different strong suits.

As I always do, I will watch this and hope that it is good. Geoff has grown a large audience for these shows now, which will likely only be larger this year. I would think we would get even better announcements and content this year considering how many people will be watching.

I find most, if not all, award shows to be a complete waste of time. For games, I prefer smaller vids being made for each award which announced and shows the nominees, announces the winner and justifies it. 

BUT, I respect that award shows exist and feel it is only justified that those in the industry are awarded for the hard work they put into their craft. But I'd rather just read about it the day after than watch. 

That said, what I care about most for TGA are the game trailers. I'll try to catch them off after the show unless some announcement looks super unappealing. 

Here's hoping we see more of Spider-man 2, TloUR/ Factions, BotW2, new Mario, and something from MS. 

Metroid dread is gonna win game of the year, Video game awards never gave a nil on Microsoft It's the host he's not unbias he's just dislikes xbox rip forza horizon 5 .

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.