By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - So I just got 3 months of gamepass for £1...

When it comes to gamepass i am:

Subbed on Xbox 1 4.35%

Have ultimate 12 52.17%

Subbed on PC 3 13.04%

Get free / cheap months 5 21.74%

Never had gamepass 2 8.70%

Total:23
zero129 said:
SvennoJ said:

Can't you just keep making new accounts? Same way people sell on digital games, create account, put a game on it, play it, sell account with game.

I guess you could do that but you wouldnt exactly be getting your achievements etc and afaik they also dont offer the deal all the time.

I think as others have said trying to get xbox gold for cheap converting that to gamepass ultimate and then using the points you can get from bing and playing games etc to keep getting free months is much more better idea.

On Xbox if you set the console as primary for the new account you can use it's gamepass on your main and still get achievements etc. On PC you can also set the "store account" in the Xbox app to the gamepass account but use your main account in-game. No idea if there's any protection related to payment option/address checking to prevent this abuse of trials and new member offers.

Around the Network

I used the XBL Gold to Game Pass Ultimate conversion in 2019 for a year. I didn't know about stacking 3 years at the time. What I've been doing since then is I'll find deals on Ultimate, which usually happens around the holidays. Last Black Friday I was able to find 3 months of Ultimate for $25 so I bought about several of those and I'm probably gonna try to find a similar deal this year.

Last edited by smroadkill15 - on 15 November 2021

zero129 said:
Zippy6 said:

On Xbox if you set the console as primary for the new account you can use it's gamepass on your main and still get achievements etc. On PC you can also set the "store account" in the Xbox app to the gamepass account but use your main account in-game. No idea if there's any protection related to payment option/address checking to prevent this abuse of trials and new member offers.

I never knew this. Ill have to find more detailed instructions to put it to the test xD.

It used to allow 2 people on pc to play games at the same time with one subscription. But recently I've found it no longer works. FH3 and FH4 I had one sub and we both played on pc together with it fine. But AOE4 kept booting us to desktop. Different pc though so maybe I just set it up wrong this time.

@OP, this is definitely MS strategy.

Get very high MAU. It is similar to the old Sony and Nintendo strategy of extremely cheap consoles for little profit.

The more MAU they can boast, the more developers will think it is a good idea and come on board, the better Gamepass becomes.

Zippy6 said:
zero129 said:

I never knew this. Ill have to find more detailed instructions to put it to the test xD.

It used to allow 2 people on pc to play games at the same time with one subscription. But recently I've found it no longer works. FH3 and FH4 I had one sub and we both played on pc together with it fine. But AOE4 kept booting us to desktop. Different pc though so maybe I just set it up wrong this time.

Yeah beware. I was playing FS2020 (Steam version) and my kid wanted to play learn 2 fly on his laptop (free game on Steam). I let him log in on my account instead of making a new account. A free 2 play game, should work fine, I can play 2 different steam games on my laptop at the same time after all. FS2020 + Road 96 had no issues. It worked for a while then I suddenly got signed out of XBox Live, FS2020 closed, Steam started asking for credentials. Plane and all passengers lost over Northern Canada.

The disadvantages from digital, although GT Sport doesn't mind my one copy being used by my other kid while I race on my account. But I guess that's 2 different accounts, he's just using my primary ps4 to play on a different account. (I do get signed out immediately without warning if he boots up his ps4 with my account)

How did it work in the old days, I simply started IL-2 Sturmovik on one PC first, then put the disc into another PC, started the game there, then we were playing in LAN together with one copy. No accounts, no problems :)

Around the Network
zero129 said:
Zippy6 said:

Would this also work for Cloud gaming?. For instance could i do this trick to get 3 months ultimate for €1 on a fake account and then add my main account to the family sharing and then use xcloud on my mobile phone? but using my own main account instead of the fake one?.

I don't think cloud gaming can be shared, but if it can I'm not sure itd work on mobile as there's no where to pick your "store account" like on PC nor set the phone as a "primary device" like on console.