By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Welcome the New Class of VGChartz Writers! (2021 Edition)

Tagged games:

Hi there! Last month the Writing team opened up applications for a few open Review Writer positions. We received multiple excellent submissions (thanks to all who applied!)

I'm happy to introduce the five newest members of the Writing team. Please see their names and avatars below:

AceDefective

djoshunchained

Doctor_MG

Esiar

toffcrit

Please join me in welcoming AceDefective, djoshunchained, Doctor_MG, Esiar, and toffcrit to the team! And stay tuned for their first reviews and articles.

Around the Network

I'd also like to send a reminder that GOTY award season is fast-approaching, so stay posted for the usual round-up of articles from the Writing team. And be sure to make your voice heard when user voting opens for all GOTY categories!

Congrats!

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.

Congratulations to all our new writers!

Signature goes here!

Oh, man, I miss the days when I was more active on the site and I could recognize the new staff members just by looking at their names and/or avys.

In any case, my most sincere congratulations to Doctor_MG, and also to Esiar after that long hiatus you took, almost five years since your last post.

As for AceDefective, djoshunchained and toffcrit, impressive job in becoming writers given that neither of you've been here for more than a couple of weeks and none have even bothered to make a single post yet. Please, could you tell us what made you join the site and apply to be a writer? (It would also be a good opportunity to make your first post on the site).

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

Around the Network

Congrats guys! Looking forward to the articles

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Congrats to all those who successfully made it thru applications! Hoping for at least 1 nomination for Mario party in the awards seasons lol

Hey all,

You've probably seen me around the boards commenting every so often. I'm excited to put some reviews and content out there and I hope you all enjoy.

And a big thank you to the VGChartz team for giving me the opportunity!

Machina said:
JEMC said:

Oh, man, I miss the days when I was more active on the site and I could recognize the new staff members just by looking at their names and/or avys.

In any case, my most sincere congratulations to Doctor_MG, and also to Esiar after that long hiatus you took, almost five years since your last post.

As for AceDefective, djoshunchained and toffcrit, impressive job in becoming writers given that neither of you've been here for more than a couple of weeks and none have even bothered to make a single post yet. Please, could you tell us what made you join the site and apply to be a writer? (It would also be a good opportunity to make your first post on the site).

Several of this year's applicants (including some of the successful ones) were encouraged to apply by current members of staff who they're friends with. I've always preferred to recruit from the community for numerous reasons, but we're happy to take on newcomers as well if their writing is strong. Hopefully some of the new guys will start posting in the forums as they get a feel for the site, although it's not a requirement.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have nothing against the new writers, whether they're members of the forum or not. I was just surprised by how many of them are new, and thought that it could encourage them to post. I know I could have the @ to get their attention, but I didn't want to force them to do it.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

What's up guys, right now I'm a bit busy with a couple exams but afterwards I'm definitely excited to contribute

Can't wait for The Zelder Scrolls 3: Breath of The Wild Hunt!